Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method for identification of high affinity nucleic acid ligands to selectins|
|Abstract:||This invention discloses high-affinity oligonucleotide ligands to lectins, specifically nucleic acid ligands having the ability to bind to the lectins, wheat germ agglutinin, L-selectin, E-selectin and P-selectin. Also disclosed are the methods for obtaining such ligands.|
|Inventor(s):||Parma; David H. (Boulder, CO), Hicke; Brian James (Boulder, CO), Gold; Larry (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||NeXstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 07, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method for identifying nucleic acid ligands and nucleic acid ligand sequences to a selectin comprising: |
a) contacting a candidate mixture of nucleic acids with a selectin, wherein nucleic acids having an increased affinity to said selectin relative to the candidate mixture may be partitioned from the remainder of the candidate mixture;
b) partitioning the increased affinity nucleic acids from the remainder of the candidate mixture; and
c) amplifying the increased affinity nucleic acids to yield a mixture of nucleic acids enriched for nucleic acid sequences with relatively higher affinity and specificity for binding to said selectin, whereby nucleic acid ligands of said selectin may be identified.
2. The method of claim 1 further comprising:
d) repeating steps a), b) and c).
3. The method of claim 1 wherein said candidate mixture is comprised of single-stranded nucleic acids.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein said single-stranded nucleic acids are ribonucleic acids.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein said nucleic acids comprise modified ribonucleic acids.
6. The method of claim 5 wherein said nucleic acids comprise 2'-amino (2'NH.sub.2) modified nucleic acids.
7. The method of claim 3 wherein said single-stranded nucleic acids are deoxyribonucleic acids.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein said selectin is selected from the group consisting of L-selectin, E-selectin, and P-selectin.
9. The method of claim 6 wherein said selectin is L-selectin.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.