Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Nucleic acid ligand inhibitors to DNA polymerases|
|Abstract:||This invention discloses high-affinity oligonucleotide ligands to the thermostable Taq polymerase and Tth polymerase. Specifically, this invention discloses DNA ligands having the ability to bind to the Taq and Tth polymerases and the methods for obtaining such ligands. The ligands are capable of inhibiting polymerases at ambient temperatures.|
|Inventor(s):||Gold; Larry (Boulder, CO), Jayasena; Sumedha D. (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||NeXstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 07, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method of identifying nucleic acid ligands to a polymerase, comprising: |
a) preparing a candidate mixture of nucleic acids;
b) contacting the candidate mixture of nucleic acids with said polymerase, wherein nucleic acids having an increased affinity to the polymerase relative to the candidate mixture may be partitioned from the remainder of the candidate mixture;
c) partitioning the increased affinity nucleic acids from the remainder of the candidate mixture; and
d) amplifying the increased affinity nucleic acids to yield a mixture of nucleic acids enriched for nucleic acid sequences with relatively higher affinity and specificity for binding to the polymerase, whereby nucleic acid ligands of the polymerase may be identified.
2. The method of claim 1 further comprising:
e) repeating steps b), c), and d).
3. The method of claim 1 wherein said polymerase is a DNA polymerase.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein said polymerase is a reverse transcriptase.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein said polymerase is thermostable.
6. The method of claim 3 wherein said DNA polymerase is isolated from Thermus aquaticus (Taq polymerase).
7. The method of claims 3 or 4 wherein said polymerase is isolated from Thermus thermophilus (Tth polymerase).
8. The method of claim 1 wherein said candidate mixture of nucleic acids is comprised of single stranded nucleic acids.
9. The method of claim 1 wherein said single stranded nucleic acids are deoxyribonucleic acids.
10. A method for inhibiting the activity of a DNA polymerase, comprising adding an effective amount of a high affinity DNA polymerase nucleic acid ligand to a DNA polymerization reaction.
11. The method of claim 10 wherein said DNA polymerase nucleic acid ligand is identified according to the method of claim 1.
12. The method of claim 10 wherein said DNA polymerase is Taq polymerase.
13. The method of claim 12 wherein said polymerase ligand is selected from one of the ligands of Table 2 (SEQ ID NOS:7-35).
14. The method of claim 10 wherein said DNA polymerase is Tth polymerase.
15. The method of claim 14 wherein said polymerase ligand is selected from one of the ligands of Table 3 (SEQ ID NOS:36-73).
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.