Generated: April 28, 2017
|Title:||Method of treating androgenic alopecia with 5-.alpha.reductase inhibitors|
|Abstract:||The instant invention involves a method of treating and/or reversing androgenic alopecia and promoting hair growth, and methods of treating acne vulgaris, seborrhea, and female hirsutism, by administering to a patient in need of such treatment a 5.alpha.-reductase 2 inhibitor, such as finasteride, in a dosage amount under 5 mgs/day.|
|Inventor(s):||Gormley; Glenn J. (Westfield, NJ), Kaufman; Keith D. (Westfield, NJ), Stoner; Elizabeth (Westfield, NJ), Waldstreicher; Joanne (Scotch Plains, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Merck & Co., Inc. (Rahway, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 14, 1996|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating female pattern baldness comprising orally ale person in need of such treatment the 5.alpha.-reductase 2 inhibitor 17.beta.(N-tert.-butylcarbamoyl)-4-aza-5.alpha.-androst 1-ene-3-one in a dosage amount from 0.01 to 3 mgs/day. |
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the dosage amount is from about 0.05 to 1.0 mg/day.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the dosage amount is about 0.05 mg/day.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the dosage amount is about 0.2 mgs/day.
5. A method of arresting and reversing female pattern baldness comprising orally administering to a female person in need of such treatment the 5.alpha.-reductase 2 inhibitor 17.beta.-(N-tert.-butylcarbamoyl)-4-aza-5.alpha.-androst-1-ene-3-one in an amount from 0.01 to 3 mgs/day.
6. The method of claim 5 wherein the dosage amount is about 0.2 mg/day.
7. The method of claim 5 wherein the dosage amount is about 0.05 mg/day.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein the dosage amount is about 1.0 mg/day.
9. The method of claim 5 wherein the dosage amount is about 1.0 mg/day.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.