Generated: May 28, 2017
|Title:||Potentiation of temozolomide in human tumour cells|
|Abstract:||The toxicity of temozolomide, an anti-tumour agent useful in the treatment of various mammalian neoplasms, can be potentiated by the prior administration of an ATase inhibiting agent, i.e., O.sup.6 -benzylguanine.|
|Inventor(s):||Baer; John Colin (London, GB2), Freeman; Azadeh Alison (Croydon, GB2), Newlands; Edward Stuart (London, GB2), Watson; Amanda Jean (Godley Hyde, GB2), Rafferty; Joseph Anthony (Edgeley Stockport, GB2), Margison; Geoffrey Paul (Poynton, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Cancer Research Campaign Technology (Regent's Park, GB2)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 07, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method of potentiating the toxicity of temozolomide in human cancer cells by administering to a patient in need of such therapy an ATase inhibiting amount of O.sup.6 -benzylguanine and an effective amount of temozolomide. |
2. The method of claim 1 wherein said O.sup.6 -benzylguanine is administered prior to the administration of said temozolomide.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the dosage administered of said O.sup.6 -benzylguanine is about 1-2000 mg/kg of patient body weight.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the dosage administered of the O.sup.6 -benzylguanine is 10-800 mg/kg of patient body weight.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein the temozolomide is administered at a rate of 150-300 mgm.sup.-2 of body surface area per day.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein said ATase inhibitor is administered in a dose of 10-800 mg/kg of patient body weight prior to the administration of the temozolomide, said temozolomide is administered in an amount of 150-300 mgm.sup.-2 of body surface area per day, and said O.sup.6 -benzylguanine and said temozolomide are administered in divided doses on consecutive days.
7. The method of claim 6 wherein the total dose of temozolomide is divided into at least four individual doses which are administered on at least four consecutive days.
8. The method of claim 7 wherein said O.sup.6 -benzylguanine is administered two to eight hours prior to the administration of said temozolomide.
9. The method of claim 1 wherein said O.sup.6 -benzylguanine and said temozolomide are administered in divided doses on consecutive days.
10. A method according to claim 1 wherein the human cancer cells are breast cancer tumour cells, astrocytoma tumour cells, colorectal tumour cells, melanoma rumour cells, mycosis fungoides tumour cells or glioma tumour cells.
11. A pharmaceutical composition, for use in treating human cancer cells in a patient in need of such treatment, comprising an effective amount of an O.sup.6 -benzylguanine and an effective amount of temozolomide.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.