Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Transdermal and trans-membrane delivery compositions|
|Abstract:||The rate of absorption of drugs across skin and other body membranes such as mucous membranes and the blood brain barrier is enhanced by adding to the drug composition a compound which enhances the rate. This compound may be a macrocyclic ester, diester, amide, diamide, amidine, diamidine, thioester, dithioester, thioamide, ketone or lactone. The macrocyclic ketone contains at least 12 carbon atoms.|
|Inventor(s):||Hsieh; Dean (Brandamore, PA)|
|Assignee:||Conrex Pharmaceutical Corporation (Phoenixville, PA)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 22, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A composition which is effective in enhancing the qualities of skin and which comprises: (A) a skin-treating compound; (B) a compound having the structure: ##STR5## wherein X and Y are oxygen, sulfur or an imino group of the structure.dbd.N--R, with the proviso that when Y is an imino group, X is an imino group, and when Y is sulfur, X is sulfur or an imino group, A is a group having the structure ##STR6## wherein X and Y are as defined above, m and n are integers having a value from 1 to 20 and the sum of m+n is not greater than 25, p is an integer having a value of 0 or 1, q is an integer having a value of 0 or 1, r is an integer having a value of 0 or 1, and R is hydrogen or an alkyl group which has from 1 to 6 carbon atoms and which may be straight chained or branched, with the proviso that when p, q and r are 0 and Y is oxygen, m+n is at least 11; (C) a carrier; and optionally (D) a cosmetic additive. |
2. A composition according to claim 1 comprising about 0.1 to about 10 wt. % of said skin-treating compound and about 0.1 to about 30 wt. % of said compound (B).
3. A composition according to claim 2 comprising about 0.5 to about 3 wt. % of said skin-treating compound and about 0.5 to about 10 wt. % of said compound (B).
4. A composition according to claim 3 comprising about 2 to about 5 wt. % of said compound (B).
5. A composition according to claim 2 which is an anti-oxidant composition and wherein the skin-treating compound includes an anti-oxidant material.
6. A composition according to claim 5 wherein said compound of (B) is cyclopentadecanolide.
7. A composition according to claim 2 wherein said compound (B) is cyclopentadecanolide.