Generated: May 28, 2017
|Title:||Transdermal and trans-membrane delivery compositions|
|Abstract:||The rate of absorption of drugs across skin and other body membranes such as mucous membranes and the blood brain barrier is enhanced by adding to the drug composition a compound which enhances the rate. This compound may be a macrocyclic ester, diester, amide, diamide, amidine, diamidine, thioester, dithioester, thioamide, ketone or lactone. The macrocyclic ketone contains at least 12 carbon atoms.|
|Inventor(s):||Hsieh; Dean (Brandamore, PA)|
|Assignee:||Conrex Pharmaceutical Corporation (Phoenixville, PA)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 22, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A composition which is effective in enhancing the qualities of skin and which comprises: (A) a skin-treating compound; (B) a compound having the structure: ##STR5## wherein X and Y are oxygen, sulfur or an imino group of the structure.dbd.N--R, with the proviso that when Y is an imino group, X is an imino group, and when Y is sulfur, X is sulfur or an imino group, A is a group having the structure ##STR6## wherein X and Y are as defined above, m and n are integers having a value from 1 to 20 and the sum of m+n is not greater than 25, p is an integer having a value of 0 or 1, q is an integer having a value of 0 or 1, r is an integer having a value of 0 or 1, and R is hydrogen or an alkyl group which has from 1 to 6 carbon atoms and which may be straight chained or branched, with the proviso that when p, q and r are 0 and Y is oxygen, m+n is at least 11; (C) a carrier; and optionally (D) a cosmetic additive. |
2. A composition according to claim 1 comprising about 0.1 to about 10 wt. % of said skin-treating compound and about 0.1 to about 30 wt. % of said compound (B).
3. A composition according to claim 2 comprising about 0.5 to about 3 wt. % of said skin-treating compound and about 0.5 to about 10 wt. % of said compound (B).
4. A composition according to claim 3 comprising about 2 to about 5 wt. % of said compound (B).
5. A composition according to claim 2 which is an anti-oxidant composition and wherein the skin-treating compound includes an anti-oxidant material.
6. A composition according to claim 5 wherein said compound of (B) is cyclopentadecanolide.
7. A composition according to claim 2 wherein said compound (B) is cyclopentadecanolide.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.