Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||High affinity HIV-1 gag nucleic acid ligands|
|Abstract:||Methods are described for the identification and preparation of high-affinity nucleic acid ligands to HIV-1 GAG, Included in the invention are specific RNA ligands to HIV-1 GAG identified by the SELEX method, Also included are RNA ligands that inhibit the function of HIV-1 GAG.|
|Inventor(s):||Lochrie; Michael A. (Boulder, CO), Gold; Larry (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||NeXstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Filing Date:||May 19, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method for identifying nucleic acid ligands to HIV-1 GAG, comprising: |
a) preparing a candidate mixture of nucleic acids;
b) contacting the candidate mixture of nucleic acids with HIV-1 GAG, wherein nucleic acids having an increased affinity to HIV-1 GAG relative to the candidate mixture may be partitioned from the remainder of the candidate mixture;
c) partitioning the increased affinity nucleic acids from the remainder of the candidate mixture; and
d) amplifying the increased affinity nucleic acids to yield a mixture of nucleic acids enriched for nucleic acids with relatively higher affinity and specificity for binding to HIV-1 GAG, whereby nucleic acids ligands to HIV-1 GAG may be identified.
2. The method of claim 1 further comprising:
e) repeating steps b), c), and d).
3. The method of claim 1 wherein said candidate mixture of nucleic acids is comprised of single stranded nucleic acids.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein said single stranded nucleic acids are ribonucleic acids.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein said candidate mixture of nucleic acids comprises modified nucleic acids.
6. The method of claim 5 wherein said candidate mixture of nucleic acids comprises 2'-amino (2'-NH.sub.2) modified nucleic acids.
7. The method of claim 5 wherein said candidate mixture of nucleic acids comprises 2'-fluoro (2'-F) modified nucleic acids.
8. A nucleic acid ligand to HIV-1 GAG identified according to the method of claim 1.
9. A purified and isolated non-naturally occurring RNA ligand to HIV-1 GAG wherein said ligand is selected from the group consisting of the sequences set forth in SEQ ID NOS. 8-27 and 34-46.
10. A purified and isolated non-naturally occurring nucleic acid ligand to HIV-1 GAG.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.