Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Process for preparing 2-substituted benzo [B] Thiophene compounds and intermediates thereof|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides processes for preparing compounds of formula I ##STR1## and for preparing compounds of formula VII ##STR2## Also provided are processes for preparing compounds of formula VII in addition to intermediates of formula IX ##STR3## wherein R.sup.1' is --OH, or --OR.sup.3, in which R.sup.3 is a hydroxy protecting group; and Z is bromo, iodo, triflate, or --B(OH).sub.2.|
|Inventor(s):||Hauser; Kenneth L. (Greencastle, IN), Palkowitz; Alan D. (Carmel, IN), Sall; Daniel J. (Greenwood, IN), Thrasher; Kenneth J. (Indianapolis, IN)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 27, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A process for preparing a compound of formula VII ##STR26## comprising a) forming a 2-position boronic acid derivative of a compound of formula II ##STR27## and b) coupling the reaction product from step a), a compound of formula III ##STR28## with a compound of formula IV ##STR29## c) acylating the reaction product from step b) a compound of formula I ##STR30## with a compound of formula VIII ##STR31## wherein R.sup.1 is --H, --OH, or --OR.sup.3, in which R.sup.3 is a hydroxy protecting group; |
R.sup.2 is --H, --OH, or OR.sup.4, in which R.sup.4 is a hydroxy protecting group;
R.sup.5 is 1-piperidinyl, 1-pyrrolidinyl, methyl-1-pyrrolidinyl, dimethyl-1-pyrrolidinyl, 4-morpholino, dimethylamino, diethylamino, diisopropylamino, or 1-hexamethyleneimino;
R.sup.6 is bromo, chloro, iodo, or an activating ester group;
n is 2 or 3; and
X is bromo, iodo, or triflate;
d) optionally removing the R.sup.3 and/or R.sup.4 hydroxy protecting groups; and
e) optionally forming a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of said formula VII compound.
2. The process of claim 1 for preparing the intermediate compound of formula I ##STR32## wherein steps a) and b) of claim 1 are replaced by steps a) selectively brominating, iodinating or triflating a compound of formula II ##STR33## to provide a compound of formula V ##STR34## and b) coupling the product of step a) with a compound of formula VI ##STR35## wherein R.sup.1, R.sup.2 and X are defined therein.
3. A process according to claim 2 wherein R.sup.1 and R.sup.2 of said formula VII compound each are --OH.
4. A process according to claim 3 wherein n is 2 and R.sup.5 is 1-piperidinyl.
5. A process according to claim 4 wherein said pharmaceutically acceptable salt is the hydrochloride salt.
6. A process according to claim 5 wherein R.sup.6 is bromo or chloro.
7. A process according to claim 1 wherein R.sup.1 and R.sup.2 of said formula VII compound each are --OH.
8. A process according to claim 7 wherein n is 2 and R.sup.5 is 1-piperidinyl.
9. A process according to claim 8 wherein said pharmaceutically acceptable salt is the hydrochloride salt.
10. A process according to claim 9 wherein R.sup.6 is bromo or chloro.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.