DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Title:||Angiographic method using green porphyrins in primate eyes|
|Abstract:||An angiographic method to observe the condition of blood vessels, including neovasculature in the eyes of living primates using green porphyrins and light at a wavelength of 550-700 nm to effect fluorescence is disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Miller; Joan W. (Boston, MA), Young; Lucy H.Y. (Boston, MA), Gragoudas; Evangelos S. (Boston, MA)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 14, 1994|
|Claims:||1. An angiographic method to observe the condition of blood vessels, including neovasculature in the eye of an intact living primate, which method comprises: |
a. administering to said primate comprising at least one eye for which said observation is desired and containing said neovasculature an amount of green porphyrin which will provide an observable amount of green porphyrin in the blood vessels and neovasculature of said eye;
b. permitting sufficient time to elapse so that an observable amount of said green porphyrin resides in the blood vessels and neovasculature of the eye; and
c. applying light of a wavelength in the range of about 550-700 nm to the eye so as to effect fluorescence of the green porphyrin; and
d. detecting said fluorescence with a suitable camera.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein said green porphyrin is a BPD.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein said BPD is BPD-MA.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein said green porphyrin is complexed with low-density lipoprotein.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein said green porphyrin is contained in a liposomal preparation.
6. The method of claim 3 wherein said BPD-MA is contained in a liposomal preparation.