Generated: April 28, 2017
|Title:||Process and solvate of 2-methyl-thieno-benzodiazepine|
|Abstract:||The invention provides lower alcohol solvates of 2-methyl-4-(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-10H-thieno[2,3-b][1,5]benzodiazepine (olanzapine) and a process for making such lower alcohol solvates of olanzapine. The invention provides a method for using such solvates of olanzapine to prepare substantially pure anhydrous Form I 2-methyl-thieno-benzodiazepine.|
|Inventor(s):||Bunnell; Charles A. (Lafayette, IN), Hotten; Terrence Michael (Farnborough, GB2), Larsen; Samuel D. (West Lafayette, IN), Tupper; David Edward (Reading, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
|Filing Date:||Jan 16, 1996|
|Claims:||1. A process for preparing substantially pure Form I olanzapine comprising drying a C.sub.1 -C.sub.3 alcohol solvate of olanzapine, and then crystallizing the dried solvate with one or more solvents selected from ethyl acetate, acetone, 2-propanol, t-butanol, tetrahydrofuran and toluene. |
2. A process of claim 1 wherein the solvate is contacted with the solvent at a temperature from about 25.degree. C. to 80.degree. C.
3. A process of claim 2 wherein the solvent is ethyl acetate.
4. A process of claim 3 wherein the solvate is a mono(methanol) solvate.
5. A process of claim 3 wherein the solvate is a mono(ethanol) solvate or a mono(2-propanol) solvate.
6. A process of claim 2 wherein the solvent is tetrahydrofuran.
7. A process of claim 6 wherein the solvent is mono(methanol) solvate.
8. A process of claim 6 wherein the solvate is a mono(ethanol) solvate or a mono(2-propanol) solvate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.