DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Title:||High affinity PDGF nucleic acid ligands|
|Abstract:||Methods are described for the identification and preparation of high-affinity nucleic acid ligands to PDGF. Included in the invention are specific ssDNA and RNA ligands to PDGF identified by the SELEX method.|
|Inventor(s):||Janjic; Nebojsa (Boulder, CO), Gold; Larry (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||NeXstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 07, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method of identifying nucleic acid ligands of Platelet Derived Growth Factor (PDGF), comprising: |
a) contacting a candidate mixture of nucleic acids with PDGF, wherein nucleic acids having an increased affinity to PDGF relative to the candidate mixture may be partitioned from the remainder of the candidate mixture;
b) partitioning the increased affinity nucleic acids from the remainder of the candidate mixture; and
c) amplifying the increased affinity nucleic acids to yield a mixture of nucleic acids enriched for nucleic acid sequences with relatively higher affinity and specificity for binding to PDGF, whereby nucleic acid ligands of PDGF may be identified.
2. The method of claim 1 further comprising:
d) repeating steps a), b), and c).
3. The method of claim 1 wherein said candidate mixture of nucleic acids is comprised of single stranded nucleic acids.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein said single stranded nucleic acids are ribonucleic acids.
5. The method of claim 3 wherein said single stranded nucleic acids are deoxyribonucleic acids.
6. The method of claim 4 wherein said nucleic acids comprise 2'-amino (2'-NH.sub.2) modified ribonucleic acids.
7. The method of claim 4 wherein said nucleic acids comprise 2'-fluoro (2'-F) modified ribonucleic acids.