Generated: April 29, 2017
|Title:||Use of the R-enantiomers of N-propargyl-1-aminoindan compounds for the treatment of depression|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to the use of R(+)-N-propargyl-1-aminoindan.|
|Inventor(s):||Youdim; Moussa B. H. (Haifa, IL), Finberg; John P. M. (Tivon, IL), Levy; Ruth (Tel-Aviv, IL), Sterling; Jeffrey (Jerusalem, IL), Lerner; David (Jerusalem, IL), Berger-Paskin; Tirtsah (Raanana, IL), Yellin; Haim (Ramat-Gan, IL)|
|Assignee:||Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Jerusalem, IL) Techion Research and Development Foundation Ltd. (Haifa, IL)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 02, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating a subject for depression, which comprises administering to the subject a pharmaceutical composition consisting essentially of R(+)-N-propargyl-1-aminoindan or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof in an amount effective to treat the subject and a carrier. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the R(+)-N-propargyl-1-aminoindan or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is administered orally or rectally.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the amount administered is 2 to 20 mg per daily dosage unit.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the amount administered is 5 to 10 mg per daily dosage unit.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the R(+)-N-propargyl-1-aminoindan or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is administered parenterally.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the amount administered is 1 to 10 mg per mL per daily dosage unit.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein the amount administered is 2 to 5 mg per mL per daily dosage unit.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.