Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||HIV Protease inhibitors useful for the treatment of AIDS|
|Abstract:||Compounds of formula ##STR1## where R.sup.1 and R.sup.2 are independently hydrogen or optionally-substituted C.sub.1-4 alkyl or aryl, and R.sup.1 also forms a heterocycle or heterocycle-C.sub.1-4 alkyl, are HIV protease inhibitors. These compounds are useful in the prevention or treatment of infection by HIV and in the treatment of AIDS, either as compounds, pharmaceutically acceptable salts, pharmaceutical composition ingredients, whether or not in combination with other antivirals, immunomodulators, antibiotics or vaccines. Methods of treating AIDS and methods of preventing or treating infection by HIV are also described.|
|Inventor(s):||Vacca; Joseph P. (Telford, PA), Dorsey; Bruce D. (Harleysville, PA), Guare; James P. (Quakertown, PA), Holloway; M. Katharine (Lansdale, PA), Hungate; Randall W. (Lansdale, PA), Levin; Rhonda B. (Lafayette Hill, PA)|
|Assignee:||Merck & Co., Inc. (Rahway, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||May 02, 1996|
|Claims:||1. A composition comprising a compound of the structure ##STR299## 3-([4,7-dichloro-1,3-benzoxazol-2-yl)methyl]amino)-5-ethyl-6-methyl-pyridi n -2(1H)-one, and, optionally, dideoxyinosine, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of any of the above. |
2. A composition comprising a compound of the structure ##STR300## and, dideoxyinosine, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of any of the above.
3. A method of treating AIDS or HIV infection, comprising administering an effective amount of composition of claim 1 or 2.
4. A pharmaceutical composition comprising the composition of claim 2 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
5. A process for making a pharmaceutical composition comprising combining the composition of claim 2 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
6. A method of treating AIDS or HIV infection, comprising administering an effective amount of the pharmaceutical composition of claim 4.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.