DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Title:||HIV Protease inhibitors useful for the treatment of AIDS|
|Abstract:||Compounds of formula ##STR1## where R.sup.1 and R.sup.2 are independently hydrogen or optionally-substituted C.sub.1-4 alkyl or aryl, and R.sup.1 also forms a heterocycle or heterocycle-C.sub.1-4 alkyl, are HIV protease inhibitors. These compounds are useful in the prevention or treatment of infection by HIV and in the treatment of AIDS, either as compounds, pharmaceutically acceptable salts, pharmaceutical composition ingredients, whether or not in combination with other antivirals, immunomodulators, antibiotics or vaccines. Methods of treating AIDS and methods of preventing or treating infection by HIV are also described.|
|Inventor(s):||Vacca; Joseph P. (Telford, PA), Dorsey; Bruce D. (Harleysville, PA), Guare; James P. (Quakertown, PA), Holloway; M. Katharine (Lansdale, PA), Hungate; Randall W. (Lansdale, PA), Levin; Rhonda B. (Lafayette Hill, PA)|
|Assignee:||Merck & Co., Inc. (Rahway, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||May 02, 1996|
|Claims:||1. A composition comprising a compound of the structure ##STR299## 3-([4,7-dichloro-1,3-benzoxazol-2-yl)methyl]amino)-5-ethyl-6-methyl-pyridi n -2(1H)-one, and, optionally, dideoxyinosine, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of any of the above. |
2. A composition comprising a compound of the structure ##STR300## and, dideoxyinosine, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of any of the above.
3. A method of treating AIDS or HIV infection, comprising administering an effective amount of composition of claim 1 or 2.
4. A pharmaceutical composition comprising the composition of claim 2 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
5. A process for making a pharmaceutical composition comprising combining the composition of claim 2 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
6. A method of treating AIDS or HIV infection, comprising administering an effective amount of the pharmaceutical composition of claim 4.