Generated: May 28, 2017
|Title:||Stable microbubbles suspensions injectable into living organisms|
|Abstract:||Gas or air filled microbubble suspensions in aqueous phases usable as imaging contrast agents in ultrasonic echography. They contain laminarized surfactants and, optionally, hydrophilic stabilizers. The laminarized surfactants can be in the form of liposomes. The suspensions are obtained by exposing the laminarized surfactants to air or a gas before or after admixing with an aqueous phase.|
|Inventor(s):||Schneider; Michel (Troinex, CH), Bichon; Daniel (Montpellier, FR), Bussat; Philippe (Collonqes S/Saleve, FR), Puginier; Jerome (Le Chable-Beaumont, FR), Hybl-Sutherland; Eva (Wiesbaden, DE)|
|Assignee:||Bracco International B.V. (NL)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 01, 1995|
|Claims:||1. An injectable composition comprising, as a suspension in an aqueous carrier phase, gas microbubbles of physiologically acceptable, fluorine-containing entrappable gas or a mixture of a fluorine-containing entrappable gas with CO.sub.2, N.sub.2 or NO.sub.2 stabilized by dissolved or dispersed surfactants at least one of which is a saturated film forming phospholipid in laminar or lamellar form. |
2. A suspension according to claim 1, wherein said flourine-containing gas is a freon.
3. A suspension according to claim 1, wherein the average bubble size is less than 50 .mu.m.
4. A suspension according to claim 3, wherein said bubble size is 0.5-50 .mu.m.
5. A suspension according to claim 1 in the form of an aqueous suspension.
6. A suspension according to claim 1, wherein the lamellar phospholipid is in the form of mono- or pluri-molecular membrane layers.
7. A suspension according to claim 6, wherein the lamellar phospholipid is a saturated phopholipid.
8. A suspension according to claim 7, wherein the phospholipid is selected from phosphatidic acid, phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidylserine, phosphatidyglycerol, phosphatidylinositol, cardiolipin and sphingomyelin.
9. A suspension according to claim 8, further containing substances selected from dicetylphosphate, cholesterol, ergosterol, phytosterol, sitosterol, lanosterol, tocopherol, propyl gallate, ascorbyl palmitate and butylated hydroxy-toluene.
10. A suspension according to claim 1, further containing dissolved viscosity enhancers or stabilizers selected from linear and cross-linked poly- and oligo-saccharides, sugars, hydrophilic polymers and iodinated compounds in a weight ratio to the surfactants comprised between about 1:5 to 100:1.
11. A suspension according to claim 1, further comprising up to 50% by weight of non-laminar surfactants selected from fatty acids, ester and ethers of fatty acids and alcohols with polyols.
12. A suspension according to claim 11, wherein the polyols are polyalkylene glycols, polyalkylenated sugars and other carbohydrates, and polyalkylenated glycerol.
13. A suspension according to claim 1 containing 10.sup.7 7-10.sup.8 microbubbles/ml.
14. A suspension according to claim 1 containing 10.sup.8 -10.sup.9 microbubbles/ml.
15. A suspension according to claim 1 containing 10.sup.10 -10.sup.11.
16. A suspension according to claim 1, wherein the microbubbles also contain .sup.133 Xe or .sup.81 Kr.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.