Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Cyclosporin galenic forms|
|Abstract:||Pharmaceutical compositions comprising a cyclosporin as active ingredient, a fatty acid triglyceride, a glycerol fatty acid partial ester or propylene glycol or sorbitol complete or partial ester, preferably, and a tenside having an HLB of at least 10.|
|Inventor(s):||Cavanak; Thomas (CH-4105 Biel-Benken, CH), Posanski; Ulrich (D-7800 Freiburg, DE)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 06, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A pharmaceutical composition for oral administration comprising cyclosporin A as active ingredient in a carrier medium comprising a transesterification product of a vegetable oil with propylene glycol. |
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein said vegetable oil is a natural vegetable oil.
3. The composition of claim 1, wherein said vegetable oil is a hydrogenated vegetable oil.
4. The composition of claim 1, wherein said vegetable oil is selected from the group consisting of corn oil, almond oil, ground-nut oil, olive oil and palm oil.
5. The composition of claim 4, wherein said vegetable oil is corn oil.
6. The composition of claim 1, wherein said propylene glycol is 1,2-propylene glycol.
7. The composition of claim 1, wherein said transesterification product contains a mixture of mono- and diesters of propylene glycol.
8. The composition of claim 7, wherein said carrier medium contains free propylene glycol.
9. The composition of claim 8, wherein the amount of free propylene glycol is less than 10%, based on the total weight of said transesterification product.
10. The composition of claim 1, wherein said carrier medium further comprises ethanol.
11. The composition of claim 1, wherein said carrier medium further comprises a transesterification product of a natural vegetable oil triglyceride and a polyalkylene polyol.
12. The composition of claim 1, wherein said carrier medium further comprises a reaction product of a natural or hydrogenated castor oil and ethylene oxide.
13. The composition of claim 1, wherein said cyclosporin A and transesterification product are present in a weight ratio of from about 1:4 to about 1:50.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.