Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||High-affinity oligonucleotide ligands to the tachykinin substance P|
|Abstract:||Methods are described for the identification and preparation of nucleic acid ligands to Substance P (SP). Included in the invention are specific RNA ligands to SP identified by the SELEX method.|
|Inventor(s):||Nieuwlandt; Dan T. (Boulder, CO), Gold; Larry (Boulder, CO), Wecker; Matthew (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||NeXstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Filing Date:||May 16, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A nucleic acid ligand to Substance P (SP) identified according to a process comprising the steps of: |
a) contacting a candidate mixture of nucleic acids with SP, wherein nucleic acids having an increased affinity to the SP relative to the candidate mixture may be partitioned from the remainder of the candidate mixture;
b) partitioning the increased affinity nucleic acids from the remainder of the candidate mixture; and
c) amplifying the increased affinity nucleic acids to yield a mixture of nucleic acids enriched in nucleic acids having increased affinity to SP, whereby a nucleic acid ligand of SP may be identified.
2. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 1 which is an RNA ligand, wherein the nucleotide sequence of said ligand is selected from the group consisting of the sequences set forth in FIGS. 2 and 3.
3. The RNA ligand of claim 2 wherein said ligand is selected from the group consisting of SEQ ID NOS:5, 18-21, 26-47 and 58.
4. The RNA ligand of claim 2 wherein said ligand is comprised of 2'-amino (2'-NH.sub.2) modified nucleotides.
5. A purified and isolated non-naturally occurring nucleic acid ligand to SP.
6. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 5 which is an RNA ligand.
7. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 1 wherein said ligand comprises 2'-amino (2'-NH.sub.2) modified nucleotides.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.