Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||High affinity HIV nucleocapsid nucleic acid ligands|
|Abstract:||Methods are described for the identification and preparation of high-affinity nucleic acid ligands to HIV-1 nucleocapsid. Included in the invention are specific RNA ligands to HIV-1 nucleocapsid identified by the SELEX method and RNA ligands that inhibit the function of HIV-1 nucleocapsid.|
|Inventor(s):||Allen; Patrick (Boulder, CO), Gold; Larry (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||NeXstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 07, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A purified and isolated non-naturally occurring nucleic acid ligand to HIV-1 nucleocapsid. |
2. The purified and isolated non-naturally occurring nucleic acid ligand of claim 1 wherein said nucleic acid ligand is single-stranded.
3. The purified and isolated non-naturally occurring nucleic acid ligand of claim 2 wherein said nucleic acid ligand is RNA.
4. The purified and isolated non-naturally occurring nucleic acid ligand of claim 2 wherein said nucleic acid ligand is DNA.
5. A nucleic acid ligand to HIV-1 nucleocapsid identified according to the method comprising:
a) preparing a candidate mixture of nucleic acids;
b) contacting the candidate mixture of nucleic acids with HIV-1 nucleocapsid, wherein nucleic acids having an increased affinity to HIV-1 nucleocapsid relative to the candidate mixture may by partitioned from the remainder of the candidate mixture;
c) partitioning the increased affinity nucleic acids from the remainder of the candidate mixture; and
d) amplifying the increased affinity nucleic acids to yield a mixture of nucleic acids enriched for nucleic acid sequences with relatively higher affinity and specificity for binding to HIV-1 nucleocapsid, whereby "a nucleic acid ligand" of HIV-1 nucleocapsid may be identified.
6. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 5 wherein the candidate mixture contacted includes non-amplifiable random pool nucleic acids.
7. The purified and isolated non-naturally occurring RNA ligand to HIV-1 nucleocapsid of claim 3 wherein said ligand is selected from the group consisting of the sequences set forth in Table 2.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.