Generated: April 28, 2017
|Abstract:||Catechol derivatives of the formula ##STR1## wherein Ra, Rb and Rc have the significance given herein, the ester and ether derivatives thereof which are hydrolyzable under physiological conditions and the pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof are described and possess valuable pharmacological properties. In particular, they inhibit the enzyme catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT), a soluble, magnesium-dependent enzyme which catalyses the transference of the methyl group of S-adenosylmethionine to a catechol substrate, whereby the corresponding methyl ethers are formed. Suitable substrates which can be O-methylated by COMT and which can thus be deactivated are, for example, extraneuronal catecholamines and exogeneously-administered therapeutically active substances having a catechol structure. Formula Ia above embraces not only compounds which form part of the invention, but also known compounds: the compounds which form part of the invention can be prepared according to known methods.|
|Inventor(s):||Bernauer; Karl (Oberwil, CH), Borgulya; Janos (Basel, CH), Bruderer; Hans (Biel-Benken, CH), Da Prada; Mos e (Riehen, CH), Z urcher; Gerhard (Basel, CH)|
|Assignee:||Hoffmann-La Roche Inc. (Nutley, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 15, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula ##STR24## wherein Ra is nitro or cyano, Rb is hydrogen or halogen, Rc' is a substituted or unsubstituted aromatic or partially unsaturated heterocyclic group attached via a carbon atom or an ester or ether derivative thereof which is hydrolyzable under physiological conditions or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof. |
2. A compound, according to claim 1, wherein Rb is para to Ra.
3. A compound, according to claim 2, wherein Ra is nitro.
4. A compound, according to claim 3, wherein Rb is hydrogen, chlorine of fluorine.
5. A compound, according to claim 4, wherein Rb is hydrogen.
6. A compound, according to claim 5, wherein Rc' is partially unsaturated heterocyclic group attached via a carbon atom with 1-4 hetero atoms from the group consisting of nitrogen, sulfur and oxygen.
7. A compound, according to claim 5, wherein Rc' is mono- or bicyclic.
8. A compound, according to claim 5, wherein Rc' is pyridyl, pyrazinyl, triazinyl, thiadiazinyl, thiazolyl, oxazolyl, oxadiazolyl, pyrazolyl, tetrazolyl, imidazolyl, thienyl, quinolinyl, isoquinolinyl, dihydroisoquinolinyl, benzoxazinyl, quinoxalinyl, benzopyranyl, benzimidazolyl, indolyl, imidazothiazolyl, imidazothiadiazolyl, imidazopyridyl, benzothiazinyl, benzoquinoxalinyl, or imidazobenzothiazolyl.
9. A compound, according to claim 5, wherein Rc' is mono-, di- or trisubstituted with at least one of halogen, trifluoromethyl, nitro, carboxy, amino, arylamino, lower alkyl, lower alkoxy, hydroxy, lower alkoxycarbonyl, lower alkanoyl, lower alkanoyloxy, oxo, lower alkylenedioxy, mercapto, lower alkylthio, lower alkylamino, di(lower alkyl)amino, C.sub.3-7 -cycloalkylamino, C.sub.8-10 -bicycloalkylamino, lower alkanoylamino, lower alkoxycarbonylamino, carbamoyl, mono- or di(lower alkyl) carbamoyl, cyano, aryl, aryl-lower alkyl, aryl-lower alkylamino, heteroaryl, heteroaryl-lower alkyl, heteroarylamino or C.sub.3-7 -cycloalkyl.
10. A compound according to claim 5, 3-(3,4-dihydroxy-5-nitrophenyl)-2H-1,4-benzoxazin-2-one.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.