|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula ##STR24## wherein Ra is nitro or cyano, Rb is hydrogen or halogen, Rc' is a substituted or unsubstituted aromatic or partially unsaturated heterocyclic group attached via a carbon atom or an ester or ether derivative thereof which is hydrolyzable under physiological conditions or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof. |
2. A compound, according to claim 1, wherein Rb is para to Ra.
3. A compound, according to claim 2, wherein Ra is nitro.
4. A compound, according to claim 3, wherein Rb is hydrogen, chlorine of fluorine.
5. A compound, according to claim 4, wherein Rb is hydrogen.
6. A compound, according to claim 5, wherein Rc' is partially unsaturated heterocyclic group attached via a carbon atom with 1-4 hetero atoms from the group consisting of nitrogen, sulfur and oxygen.
7. A compound, according to claim 5, wherein Rc' is mono- or bicyclic.
8. A compound, according to claim 5, wherein Rc' is pyridyl, pyrazinyl, triazinyl, thiadiazinyl, thiazolyl, oxazolyl, oxadiazolyl, pyrazolyl, tetrazolyl, imidazolyl, thienyl, quinolinyl, isoquinolinyl, dihydroisoquinolinyl, benzoxazinyl, quinoxalinyl, benzopyranyl, benzimidazolyl, indolyl, imidazothiazolyl, imidazothiadiazolyl, imidazopyridyl, benzothiazinyl, benzoquinoxalinyl, or imidazobenzothiazolyl.
9. A compound, according to claim 5, wherein Rc' is mono-, di- or trisubstituted with at least one of halogen, trifluoromethyl, nitro, carboxy, amino, arylamino, lower alkyl, lower alkoxy, hydroxy, lower alkoxycarbonyl, lower alkanoyl, lower alkanoyloxy, oxo, lower alkylenedioxy, mercapto, lower alkylthio, lower alkylamino, di(lower alkyl)amino, C.sub.3-7 -cycloalkylamino, C.sub.8-10 -bicycloalkylamino, lower alkanoylamino, lower alkoxycarbonylamino, carbamoyl, mono- or di(lower alkyl) carbamoyl, cyano, aryl, aryl-lower alkyl, aryl-lower alkylamino, heteroaryl, heteroaryl-lower alkyl, heteroarylamino or C.sub.3-7 -cycloalkyl.
10. A compound according to claim 5, 3-(3,4-dihydroxy-5-nitrophenyl)-2H-1,4-benzoxazin-2-one.