Generated: April 27, 2017
|Abstract:||Combinations comprising a compound of formula (1) ##STR1## or a pharmaceutically acceptable derivative thereof and an inhibitor of HIV replication, pharmaceutical formulations thereof and their use in the treatment of HIV infections.|
|Inventor(s):||Cameron; Janet M. (Greenford, GB3), Cammack; Nicholas (Greenford, GB3)|
|Assignee:||Glaxo Group Limited (GB3)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 28, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A combination of drugs which are active against HIV wherein said combination comprises a mixture of first and second compounds wherein said first compound is (2R,cis)-4-amino-1-(2-hydroxymethyl-1,3-oxathiolan-5-yl)-1H-pyrimidin-2-on e or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, ester or salt of said ester of said first compound and said second compound is 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, ester or salt of said ester of said second compound; said first and second compounds being in a ratio which is synergistic against HIV wherein the ratio of said first compound to said second compound is from about 1.8:1 to about 167:1 by weight. |
2. The combination of claim 1 wherein the mixture comprises (2R,cis)-4-amino-1-(2-hydroxy-methyl-1,3-oxathiolan-5-yl)-1H-pyrimidin-2-o ne and 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine.
3. A pharmaceutical formulation comprising a combination as claimed in claim 1 together with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefor.
4. A method for the treatment of a mammal, including man, suffering from or susceptible to infection by HIV comprising administration of first and second compounds wherein first compound is (2R,cis)-4-amino-1-(2hydroxymethyl-1,3-oxathiolan-5-yl)-1H-pyrimidin-2-one or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, ester or salt of said ester of said first compound and said second compound is 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, ester or salt of said ester of said second compound in a ratio of said first compound to said second compound which is about 1.8:1 to 167:1.
5. A method as claimed in claim 4 wherein said first and second compounds are administered sequentially.
6. A method as claimed in claim 4 wherein said first and second compounds are administered simultaneously.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.