Generated: May 27, 2017
|Title:||Non-acidic cyclopentane heptanoic acid, 2-cycloalkyl or arylalkyl derivatives as therapeutic agents|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides cyclopentane heptanoic acid, 2-cycloalkyl or arylalkyl derivatives, substituted in the 1-position with halo, methyl, hydroxyl, nitro, amino, amido, azido, oxime, cyano, thiol, either or thioether groups, e.g., a 1-OH cyclopentane heptanoic acid, 2-(cycloalkyl or arylalkyl) derivatives. The cyclopentane heptanoic acid, 2-(cycloalkyl or arylalkyl) derivatives of the present invention are potent ocular hypotensives, and are particularly suitable for the management of glaucoma. Moreover, the cyclopentane heptanoic, 2-(cycloalkyl or arylalkyl) derivatives of this invention are smooth muscle relaxants with broad application in systemic hypertensive and pulmonary diseases; smooth muscle relaxants with application in gastrointestinal disease, reproduction, fertility, incontinence, shock, etc.|
|Inventor(s):||Woodward; David F. (El Toro, CA), Andrews; Steven W. (Irvine, CA), Burk; Robert M. (Irvine, CA), Garst; Michael E. (Newport Beach, CA)|
|Assignee:||Allergan (Waco, TX)|
|Filing Date:||Jan 11, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating ocular hypertension which comprises applying to the eye an amount sufficient to treat ocular hypertension of a compound of formula I ##STR11## wherein the dashed bonds represent a single or double bond which can be in the cis or trans configuration, A is an alkylene or alkenylene radical having from two to six carbon atoms, which radical may substituted with one or more hydroxy, oxo, alkyloxy or akylcarboxy groups, B is a cycloalkyl radical having from three to seven carbon atoms, or an aryl radical, selected from the group consisting of phenyl, thienyl, furanyl and pyridyl; |
X is a radical selected from the group consisting of amino, radicals; one of R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 is .dbd.O,--OH or a --O(CO)R.sub.6 group, and the other one is --OH or --O(CO)R.sub.6, or R.sub.1 is .dbd.O and R.sub.2 is H, wherein R.sub.6 is a saturated or unsaturated acyclic hydrocarbon group having from 1 to about 20 carbon atoms, or --(CH.sub.2)m R.sub.7 wherein m is 0-10, and R.sub.7 is cycloalkyl radical, having from three to seven carbon atoms, or an aryl radical, as defined above, or a pharmaceutically-acceptable salt thereof.
2. A method of treating ocular hypertension which comprises applying to the eye an amount sufficient to treat ocular hypertension of a compound is a compound of formula II ##STR12## wherein y is 0 or 1 and either the .alpha. or .omega. chain may be unsaturated, Y is a radical selected from the group consisting of halo, nitro, amino, thiol, hydroxy, alkyloxy and alkylcarboxy, n is 0 or an integer of from 1 to 3 R.sub.3 and is .dbd.O,--OH or --O(CO)R.sub.6.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein said compound is a compound of formula III ##STR13## wherein hatched lines indicate .alpha. configuration and solid triangles indicate .beta. configuration.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein said compound is a compound of formula IV. ##STR14##
5. The method of claim 4 wherein said compound is a compound of formula V ##STR15## and the 9- and/or 11- and/or 15 esters, thereof.
6. The method of claim 2 wherein X is selected from the group consisting of
--N(R.sub.4)(R.sub.4), wherein R.sub.4 is hydrogen or C.sub.1 to C.sub.3 alkyl.
7. The method of claim 6 wherein R.sub.4 is hydrogen.
8. The method of claim 7 wherein said compound is:
cyclopentane hepteneamine-5-cis-2-(3-.alpha.hydroxy-5-phenyl-1-trans-pentyl)-3, 5 dihydroxy, [1.sub..alpha., 2.sub..beta., 3.sub..alpha., 5.sub..alpha. ].
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.