Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Prostaglandins of the F series|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides new compounds, 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-PGFs, and vassopressors containing them, which raise blood pressure without substantial ephemeral depression of blood pressure, trachea or enteron contraction effect inherent in usual PGFs.|
|Inventor(s):||Ueno; Ryuzo (Nishinomiya, JP), Ueno; Ryuji (Nishinomiya, JP)|
|Assignee:||R-Tech Ueno, Ltd. (Osaka, JP)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 22, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-PGF represented by the formula: |
in which a bond between C-2 and C-3 is a single or a double bond,
X is a group: ##STR37## R.sub.1 is a hydrogen atom or a C.sub.1-4 alkyl, phenyl, benzoyl, hydroxyalkyl, alkoxyalkyl, trialkylsilyl or tetrahydropyranyl group;
R.sub.2 is a hydrogen atom or a lower alkyl group;
R.sub.3 is hydroxyl;
R.sub.3' is hydroxyl;
R.sub.4 and R.sub.5 are the same or different, and signify a hydrogen atom, a halogen atom, or a lower alkyl group, and at least one of R.sub.4 and R.sub.5 is a halogen atom;
R.sub.6 is a C.sub.4-9 alkyl group which may be branched or contain a double bond, a C.sub.1-9 alkyl group containing a C.sub.1-2 alkoxy substituent or ##STR38## (wherein R.sub.7 is a hydrogen or halogen atom or a halogenated methyl group); and a physiologically acceptable salt of said 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-PGF.
2. The 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-PGF according to claim 1, wherein R.sub.1 is a C.sub.1-4 alkyl group.
3. The 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-PGF according to claim 1 comprising a 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-16-substituted-PGF represented by the formula: ##STR39## wherein at least one of R.sub.4 and R.sub.5 is a halogen atom, or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof.
4. The 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-PGF according to claim 1, wherein each of R.sub.4 and R.sub.5 is a halogen atom, or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof.
5. The 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-PGF according to claim 1 comprising a 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-16,R,S-fluoro-PGF.sub.1 .alpha.-methyl ester, or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof.
6. A 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-PGF of claim 1 being a 16 halo 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-20-ethyl-PGF.sub.1.alpha., a C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl ester or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof.
7. A 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-PGF of claim 1 being a 16 halo 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-20-ethyl-PGF.sub.1.alpha. isopropyl ester.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.