DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Abstract:||Novel N-alkyl derivatives of deoxygalactonojirimycin are provided in which said alkyl contains from 3-6 carbon atoms. These novel compounds are useful for selectively inhibiting glycolipid synthesis.|
|Inventor(s):||Platt; Frances M. (Oxford, GB), Neises; Gabrielle R. (Chesterfield, GB), Dwek; Raymond A. (Oxford, GB), Butters; Terry D. (Oxford, GB)|
|Assignee:||Monsanto Company (St. Louis, MO)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 01, 1995|
|Claims:||1. The method of inhibiting the surface expression of glycolipid receptors for bacteria and bacterial toxins comprising subjecting cells susceptible to said expression to an effective amount for inhibiting said expression of an N-alkyl derivative of deoxygalactonojirimycin in which said alkyl contains from 3-6 carbon atoms. |
2. The method of claim 1 in which the alkyl group contains from 4-6 carbon atoms.
3. The method of claim 2 in which the alkyl group is butyl.
4. The method of claim 2 in which the alkyl group is hexyl.
5. The method of claim 1 in which the inhibitory effective amount is from about 50 .mu.M to about 500 .mu.M.
6. The method of claim 1 in which the bacterial toxin is cholera toxin.