Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method of treating memory disorders using R-enantiomers of N-propargyl-aminoindan compounds|
|Abstract:||R(+)-N-propargyl-1-aminoindan, its preparation and use and pharmaceutical compositions containing it. The novel compound was found to be useful for the treatment of human patients for Parkinson's disease, memory disorders, dementia of the Alzheimer type (DAT), depression and the hyperactive syndrome.|
|Inventor(s):||Youdim; Moussa B. H. (Haifa, IL), Finberg; John P. M. (Tivon, IL), Levy; Ruth (Tel-Aviv, IL), Yellin; Haim (Ramat-Gan, IL)|
|Assignee:||Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Jerusalem, IL) Technion Research and Development Foundation, Ltd. (Haifa, IL)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 02, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating a subject for memory disorders which comprises administering to the subject an amount of R(+)-N-propargyl-1-aminoindan or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof effective to treat the subject. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the R(+)-N-propargyl-1-aminoindan or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is administered orally or rectally.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the amount administered is 2 to 20 mg per daily dosage unit.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the amount administered is 5 to 10 mg per daily dosage unit.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the R(+)-N-propargyl-1-aminoindan or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is administered parenterally.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the amount administered is 1 to 10 mg per mL per daily dosage unit.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein the amount administered is 2 to 5 mg per mL per daily dosage unit.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.