Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||S-timolol hemihydrate composition and method of preparation therefor|
|Abstract:||A novel compound and method for making and using compositions containing S--(--)-3-morpholino-4-(3-tert-butylamino-2-hydroxypropoxy)-1,2,5 thiadiazole hemihydrate useful for administration to a subject particularly for topical administration as a pharmaceutical agent for treating known conditions and disorder.|
|Inventor(s):||Per alampi; Markku (SF-36200 Kangasala, FI)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 07, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A pharmaceutical composition for the topical application to the eye of a subject comprising S--(--) -3-morpholino-4-(3-tert-butyl-amino-2-hydroxypropoxy)-1,2,5-thiadiazole hemihydrate. |
2. The composition of claim 1 wherein the composition is in a dosage form.
3. Process for making a composition for topical treatment of a subject comprising the steps of:
crystallizing S--(--)-3-morpholino-4-(3-tert-butyl-amino-2-hydroxypropoxy)-1,2,5-thiadia zole hemihydrate from an aqueous solution containing S-timolol base and at least one organic solvent;
selecting one or more pharmaceutically acceptable adjuvants for topical administration to the subject; and
admixing the selected adjuvants with the S--(--)-3-morpholino 4-(3-tert-butyl-amino-2-hydroxypropoxy)- 1,2,5-thiadiazole hemihydrate.
4. The process of claim 1 further comprising dissolving the S--(--)-3-morpholino-4-(3-tert-butyl-amino-2-hydroxypropoxy)-1,2,5-thiad iazole hemihydrate and selected adjuvants in aqueous solution.
5. The process of claim 1 further comprising forming the composition into a dosage form.
6. The process of claim 4 further comprising forming the composition into a dosage form.