Generated: April 24, 2017
|Title:||DNA ligands of thrombin|
|Abstract:||Methods are described for the identification of nucleic acid ligand solutions to thrombin. The present invention utilizes the SELEX (Systematic Evolution of Ligands for EXponential Enrichment) method for identfying and preparing DNA ligands to thrombin. Further included in the present invention are modified nucleotide sequences based on the sequences of the DNA ligands identified. The modified DNA ligands to thrombin exhibit increased in vivo stability.|
|Inventor(s):||Gold; Larry (Boulder, CO), Tasset; Diane (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||NeXstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 28, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A method for identifying nucleic acid ligands to thrombin comprising: |
(a) preparing a candidate mixture of DNA nucleic acids;
(b) contacting the candidate mixture with thrombin, wherein nucleic acid ligands having an increased affinity to thrombin may be partitioned from the remainder of the candidate mixture;
c) partitioning between members of said candidate mixture on the basis of affinity to thrombin; and
d) amplifying partitioned members of the candidate mixture with a relatively higher affinity for thrombin compared to the candidate mixture as a whole, to yield a mixture of nucleic acids enriched for sequences with a higher affinity to thrombin, whereby nucleic acid ligands of thrombin may be identified.
2. A DNA nucleic acid ligand to thrombin identified according to the method of claim 1.
3. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 2 being a single stranded nucleic acid.
4. A purified and isolated non-naturally occurring DNA ligand to thrombin wherein said ligand is selected from the group consisting of the sequences set forth in FIGS. 9 and 10.
5. The method of claim 1 further including:
e) repeating steps b), c) and d).
6. The method of claim 5 wherein step e) is repeated at least 6 times.
7. A DNA nucleic acid ligand to thrombin identified according to the method of claim 5.
8. A DNA nucleic acid ligand to thrombin identified according to the method of claim 6.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.