Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Acids and acid salts and their use in delivery systems|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to a delivery system, and in particular to carboxylic acids for use as a delivery system of sensitive agents such as bioactive peptides. The carboxylic acids and salts can form non-covalent mixtures with biologically-active agents. These mixtures are suitable for oral administration of biologically active agents to animals.|
|Inventor(s):||Leone-Bay; Andrea (Ridgefield, CT), Santiago; Noemi (Hawthorne, NY)|
|Assignee:||Emisphere Technologies, Inc. (Hawthorne, NY)|
|Filing Date:||Apr 22, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A composition comprising; a compound having the formula: ##STR1## a biologically-active agent selected from the group consisting of a peptide, a mucopolysaccharide, a carbohydrate, a lipid, a pesticide, cromolyn sodium, desferrioxamine (DFO), and a combination of the foregoing. |
2. The composition according to claim 1, wherein said biologically-active agent is selected from the group consisting of human growth hormone, bovine growth hormone, growth hormone-releasing hormone, an interferon, interleukin-II, insulin, heparin, calcitonin, erythropoietin, atrial naturetic factor, an antigen, a monoclonal antibody, somatostatin, adrenocorticotropin, gonadotropin releasing hormone, oxytocin, vasopressin, cromolyn sodium, vancomycin, desferrioxamine (DFO), and any combination thereof.
3. The composition according to claim 2, wherein said biologically-active agent comprises an interferon, interleukin-II, insulin, heparin, calcitonin, oxytocin, vasopressin, cromolyn sodium, vancomycin, DFO or any combination thereof.
4. The composition according to claim 3, wherein said biologically-active agent is calcitonin.
5. The composition according to claim 3, wherein said biologically-active agent is heparin.
6. A composition for oral administration to an animal comprising 25 mg of heparin per kg of animal and 300 mg of cyclohexanecarboxylic acid per kg of animal.
7. A composition for oral administration to an animal comprising heparin and cyclohexanecarboxylic acid.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.