Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method and compositions for the synthesis of BCH-189 and related compounds|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to a method of preparing BCH-189 and various analogs of BCH-189 from inexpensive precursors with the option of introducing functionality as needed. This synthetic route allows the stereoselective preparation of the biologically active isomer of these compounds, .beta.-BCH-189 and related compounds. Furthermore, the steochemistry at the nucleoside 4' position can be controlled to produce enantiomerically-enriched .beta.-BCH-189 and its analogs.|
|Inventor(s):||Liotta; Dennis C. (Stone Mountain, GA), Choi; Woo-Baeg (Atlanta, GA)|
|Assignee:||Emory University (Atlanta, GA)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 10, 1993|
|Claims:||1. The (-)-enantiomer of the .beta.-isomer of 2',3'-dideoxy-3'-thia-cytidine (BCH-189). |
2. The (-)-enantiomer of the .beta.-isomer of 2',3'-dideoxy-3'-thia-cytidine (BCH-189), in substantially pure form.
3. The (-)-enantiomer of the .beta.-isomer of 2',3'-dideoxy-3'-thia-cytidine substantially free of the (+)-enantiomer of the .beta.-isomer of 2',3'-dideoxy-3'-thia-cytidine.
4. A composition consisting essentially of the (-)-enantiomer of the .beta.-isomer of 2',3'-dideoxy-3'-thia-cytidine.
5. .beta.-BCH-189 substantially in the form of one optical isomer.
6. A composition consisting essentially of one optical isomer of .beta.-BCH-189.
7. Enantiomerically enriched .beta.-BCH-189.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.