Generated: April 25, 2017
|Title:||Ligands of HIV-1 tat protein|
|Abstract:||Methods are described for the production of nucleic acid ligands to the HIV-1 tat protein. Motifs I, II and III in FIG. 3 are nucleic acid ligands identified by the disclosed methods.|
|Inventor(s):||Gold; Larry M. (Boulder, CO), Tuerk; Craig (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||NeXstar Pharmacueticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Filing Date:||May 17, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A nucleic acid ligand to the HIV-1 tat protein produced according to a method comprising: |
a) preparing a candidate mixture of nucleic acids;
b) contacting the candidate mixture with the HIV-1 tat protein, wherein nucleic acids having an increased affinity to the HIV-1 tat protein relative to the candidate mixture may be partitioned from the remainder of the candidate mixture;
c) partitioning the increased affinity nucleic acids from the remainder of the candidate mixture; and
d) amplifying the increased affinity nucleic acids to yield a mixture of nucleic acids enriched for nucleic acids an increased affinity to the protein; whereby nucleic acid ligands of the HIV-1 tat protein are produced.
2. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 1 being a single stranded nucleic acid.
3. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 1 being a single stranded RNA.
4. A purified and isolated non-naturally occurring nucleic acid ligand to the HIV-1 tat protein.
5. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 4 wherein said ligand is selected from the group consisting of the sequences set forth in FIG. 2.
6. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 4 wherein said ligand is selected from the group consisting of: motif I (SEQ ID NOS.:4-10), motif II (SEQ ID NOS.:11-15), and motif III (SEQ ID NOS.:16-17), as shown in FIG. 3, wherein X is a non-conserved nucleotide position, X' is a base-pairing complement to X at that position in a helix, R is a purine and Y is a pyrimidine.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.