Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods and Compositions for treatment of diabetes mellitus, hypoglycemia & other conditions|
|Abstract:||Methods for treatment of diabetes and other insulin-requiring conditions by administering insulin and a calcitonin with or without amylin, and methods for treatment of hypoglycemic conditions by administering a calcitonin alone or in combination with glucagon and/or an amylin, and related compositions.|
|Inventor(s):||Beaumont; Kevin (San Diego, CA), Young; Andrew A. (San Diego, CA)|
|Assignee:||Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (San Diego, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 14, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A composition comprising a therapeutically effective amount of a calcitonin and a glucagon admixed in a form suitable for therapeutical administration. |
2. The composition of claim 1 wherein the effective amount of calcitonin is about 0.5 mg to about 1.0 mg.
3. The composition of claim 1 wherein said calcitonin is selected from the group consisting of calcitonins of avian origin and teleost origin.
4. The composition of claim 1 wherein said calcitonin is chicken calcitonin.
5. The composition of claim 1 wherein the calcitonin is selected from the group consisting of eel calcitonin and salmon calcitonin.
6. The composition of claim 1 wherein the ratio of the therapeutically effective amount of the calcitonin and the therapeutically effective amount of the glucagon is from about 1:1 to about 1:20.
7. The composition of claim 6 wherein said ratio is about 1:1.
8. The composition of claim 1 further comprising an amylin.
9. A method for the treatment of a hypoglycemic condition in a mammal comprising the co-administration to said mammal of therapeutically effective amounts of a calcitonin and a glucagon.
10. The method of claim 9, comprising the step of identifying a mammal having said hypoglycemic condition prior to said administering step.
11. The method of claim 9 or 10 further comprising the step of administering a therapeutically effective amount of a glucagon to said mammal, effective to increase blood sugar level in said mammal.
12. A method of claim 9 wherein said condition exists in a diabetic mammal.
13. The method of claim 12 wherein said mammal is a human who suffers from diabetes mellitus.
14. The method of claim 13 wherein said mammal suffers from diabetes mellitus Type 1.
15. The method of claim 13 wherein said mammal suffers from diabetes mellitus Type 2.
16. A method of claim 9 further comprising administration to said mammal of a therapeutically effective amount of an amylin.
17. The method of claim 11 further comprising the step of administering a therapeutically effective amount of an amylin effective to increase blood sugar level in said mammal.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.