Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Topical ophthalmic pharmaceutical vehicles|
|Abstract:||Ophthalmic pharmaceutical vehicles which become viscous on contacting the eye are disclosed. Ophthalmic compositions of the vehicle and a pharmaceutically active drug are also disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Ali; Yusuf (Fort Worth, TX), Reed; Kenneth W. (Lawrenceville, GA)|
|Assignee:||Alcon Laboratories, Inc. (Fort Worth, TX)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 14, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A topical ophthalmic vehicle comprising: a water soluble carboxy vinyl polymer and calcium ions at concentrations such that the vehicle is administrable as a drop and gels upon instillation as a result of the migration Of calcium ions out of the vehicle. |
2. The vehicle of claim 1 wherein the polymer concentration is between about 0.2 and about 10 wt. %.
3. The vehicle of claim 1 wherein the calcium ion concentration is between about 0.01 and 1.0 wt. %.
4. A topical ophthalmic composition comprising: a vehicle comprising a water soluble carboxy vinyl polymer, calcium ions, and a pharmaceutically active drug, the polymer and calcium ions present at concentrations such that the composition is administrable as a drop and gels upon instillation as a result of the migration of calcium ions out of the vehicle.
5. The composition of claim 4 wherein the polymer concentration is between about 0.2 and 10.0 wt. %.
6. The composition of claim 4 wherein the calcium ion concentration is between about 0.01 and 1.0 weight percent.
7. The composition of claim 4 wherein the pharmaceutically active drug is betaxolol.
8. A method of delivering a drug to the eye, which comprises: topically administering a composition comprising a water soluble carboxy vinyl polymer and calcium ions at concentrations such that the composition is administratable as a drop and gels upon instillation as a result of the migration of calcium ions out of the composition.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.