Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods and compositions for treatment of diabetes mellitus, hypoglycemia, and other conditions|
|Abstract:||Methods for treatment of diabetes and other insulin-requiring conditions by administering insulin and a calcitonin with or without amylin, and methods for treatment of hypoglycemic conditions by administering a calcitonin alone or in combination with glucagon and/or an amylin, and related compositions.|
|Inventor(s):||Beaumont; Kevin (San Diego, CA), Young; Andrew A. (San Diego, CA)|
|Assignee:||Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (San Diego, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 10, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A composition comprising a therapeutically effective amount of a calcitonin and an insulin admixed in a form suitable for therapeutic administration. |
2. The composition of claim 1 wherein the effective amount of the calcitonin is about 0.01 mg to 1.0 mg.
3. The composition of claim 1 wherein said calcitonin is selected from the group consisting of calcitonins of avian origin and telost origin.
4. The composition of claim 1 wherein said calcitonin is chicken calcitonin.
5. The composition of claim 1 wherein the calcitonin is selected from the group consisting of eel calcitonin and salmon calcitonin.
6. The composition of claim 1 wherein the ratio of the therapeutically effective amount of the calcitonin and the therapeutically effective amount of the insulin is from about 1:1 to about 1:20.
7. The composition of claim 1 wherein said ratio is about 1:10.
8. The composition of claim 1 further comprising an amylin.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.