Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Methods and compositions for treatment of diabetes mellitus, hypoglycemia, and other conditions|
|Abstract:||Methods for treatment of diabetes and other insulin-requiring conditions by administering insulin and a calcitonin with or without amylin, and methods for treatment of hypoglycemic conditions by administering a calcitonin alone or in combination with glucagon and/or an amylin, and related compositions.|
|Inventor(s):||Beaumont; Kevin (San Diego, CA), Young; Andrew A. (San Diego, CA)|
|Assignee:||Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (San Diego, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 10, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A composition comprising a therapeutically effective amount of a calcitonin and an insulin admixed in a form suitable for therapeutic administration. |
2. The composition of claim 1 wherein the effective amount of the calcitonin is about 0.01 mg to 1.0 mg.
3. The composition of claim 1 wherein said calcitonin is selected from the group consisting of calcitonins of avian origin and telost origin.
4. The composition of claim 1 wherein said calcitonin is chicken calcitonin.
5. The composition of claim 1 wherein the calcitonin is selected from the group consisting of eel calcitonin and salmon calcitonin.
6. The composition of claim 1 wherein the ratio of the therapeutically effective amount of the calcitonin and the therapeutically effective amount of the insulin is from about 1:1 to about 1:20.
7. The composition of claim 1 wherein said ratio is about 1:10.
8. The composition of claim 1 further comprising an amylin.