Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Genes encoding platelet aggregation inhibitors|
|Abstract:||An assay for screening snake venom for the presence or absence of platelet aggregation inhibitors (PAIs) based on specific receptor binding is described. Using this assay, the identification and characterization of PAIs in a wide range of snake venom samples was accomplished. The isolated and purified PAI from several of these active snake venoms is described and characterized. In addition, PAIs lacking the Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) adhesion sequence but containing K*-(G/Sar)-D wherein K* is a modified lysyl residue of the formula wherein each R.sup.1 is independently H, alkyl(1-6C) or at most one R.sup.1 is R.sup.2 --C.dbd.NR.sup.3 wherein R.sup.2 is H, alkyl(1-6C) or is NR.sup.4.sub.2 in which each R.sup.4 is independently H or alkyl(1-6C) and R.sup.3 is H, alkyl(1-6C), phenyl or benzyl, or R.sup.2 --C.dbd.NR.sup.3 is a radical selected from the group consisting of: ##STR1## where m is an integer of 2-3, and each R.sup.5 is independently H or alkyl(1-6C); and wherein one or two (CH.sub.2) may be replaced by O or S provided said O or S is not adjacent to another heteroatom are prepared and shown to specifically inhibit the binding of fibrinogen or von Willebrand Factor to GP IIb-IIIa.|
|Inventor(s):||Scarborough; Robert M. (Belmont, CA), Wolf; David L. (Palo Alto, CA), Charo; Israel F. (Lafayette, CA)|
|Assignee:||COR Therapeutics, Inc. (South San Francisco, CA)|
|Filing Date:||May 24, 1993|
|Claims:||1. A DNA in isolated and purified form which encodes a modified form of platelet aggregation inhibitor having the full amino acid sequence of eristicophin, crotatroxin, basilicin, cerastin, horridin, molossin, ruberin, lutosin, viridin, cotiarin, lachesin, tergeminin, or barbourin as shown in FIG. 6 or a truncated form thereof comprising at least 20 amino acids including the RGD or KGD binding site of said full amino acid sequence, wherein (1) said DNA encoding said full amino acid sequence in modified by the substitution of 1 to 4 amino acid codons encoding conservative substitutions at sites other than the RGD or KGD site and, if said amino acid sequence contains an RGD site, said RGD site may be substituted by a KGD site and (2) said DNA encoding said truncated form may be modified by the substitution of 1 to 4 amino acid codons encoding conservative substitutions at sites other than RGD or KGD site and, if said amino acid sequence contains an RGD site, said RGD site may be substituted by a KGD site. |
2. A recombinant expression system which, when transformed into a compatible host, expresses a DNA of claim 1 wherein said recombinant expression system comprises said encoding DNA operably linked to control sequences compatible with said host.
3. A recombinant host transformed with the expression system of claim 2.
4. The DNA of claim 1, wherein said truncated form comprises at least 40 amino acids.
5. A DNA in isolated and purified form which encodes a modified form of platelet aggregation inhibitor having an amine acid sequence of eristocophin, barbourin, tergeminin, cerastin, ruberin, lachesin, or cotiarin as shown in FIG. 6 or which encodes a truncated amine acid sequence corresponding to either amine acids 28-73 of barbourin or amine acids 4-51 of eristicophin, wherein (1) if said amine acid sequence contains a RGD, QCA, MKK or ADC tripeptide sequence, at least one said RGD, QCA, MKK, or ADC tripeptide sequence is replaced by a KGD, ECA, LKK, or CDC tripeptide sequence, respectively and (2) if said truncated amine acid sequence contains a RGD, QCA, MKK or ADC tripeptide sequence, said RGD, QCA, MKK, or ADC tripeptide sequence can optionally be replaced by a KGD, ECA, LKK, or CDC tripeptide sequence, respectively.
6. A recombinant expression system which, when transformed into a compatible host, expresses a DNA encoding a platelet aggregation inhibitor of claim 5 wherein said DNA encoding said platelet aggregation inhibitor amine acid sequence is operably linked to control sequences compatible with said host.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.