Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Arabinogalactan derivatives and uses thereof|
|Abstract:||A substantially purified arabinogalactan, its degradative products and selected modifications thereof have been found to act as carriers for delivering therapeutic agent to cell receptors capable of receptor mediated endocytosis (RME). The arabinogalactan and its degrative products once derivatived are capable of forming a complex between the therapeutic agent and the polysaccharide such that the complex retains the ability to recognize and bind to the RME receptor.|
|Inventor(s):||Jung; Chu (Arlington, MA), Enriquez; Philip (Sheldonville, MA), Palmacci; Stephen (Walpole, MA), Josephson; Lee (Arlington, MA), Lewis; Jerome M. (Newton, MA)|
|Assignee:||Advanced Magnetics, Inc. (Cambridge, MA)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 17, 1992|
|Claims:||1. A carrier capable of being attached to a therapeutic agent for the delivery thereof to a cell receptor capable of performing receptor mediated endocytosis (RME), comprising: |
a composition selected from the group consisting of substantially purified arabinogalactan and degradation products thereof,
such composition modified at a site by a functional residue to produce a derivative in a manner that reserves the useful affinity of the derivative for the RME cell receptor, Wherein said functional residue is selected from the group consisting of phosphoryl, sulfhydryl, amino, halo, acylimidazole, carboxyl groups and a polymeric molecule, the derivative permitting further reactions of the derivative for attaching a therapeutic agent thereto.
2. A carrier according to claim 1, wherein the site of modification of the composition is a hydroxyl group on a constituent monosaccharide.
3. A carrier according to claim 1, wherein the composition is modified at a plurality of sites.
4. A carrier according to claim 3, wherein the member of functional residues is no less than one equivalent per mole of the composition and no more than the number of hydroxyl groups on the composition per mole of the composition.
5. A carrier according to claim 1, wherein the functional residue is a polymeric molecule selected from the group consisting of dextran, dextrin, albumin and poly-L-lysine.
6. A carrier according to claim 3, wherein the functional residue is a polymeric molecule selected from the group consisting of dextran, dextrin, albumin and poly-L-lysine.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.