Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Desferrioxamine oral delivery system|
|Abstract:||Modified amino acids and methods for their preparation and use as oral delivery systems for pharmaceutical agents are described. The modified amino acids are preparable by reacting single amino acids or mixtures of two or more kinds of amino acids with an amino modifying agent such as benzene sulfonyl chloride, benzoyl chloride, and hippuryl chloride. The modified amino acids form encapsulating microspheres in the presence of the active agent under sphere-forming conditions. Alternatively, the modified amino acids may be used as a carrier by simply mixing the amino acids with the active agent. The modified amino acids are particularly useful in delivering peptides, e.g. insulin or calmodulin, or other agents which are sensitive to the denaturing conditions of the gastrointestinal tract.|
|Inventor(s):||Milstein; Sam J. (Larchmont, NY), Barantsevitch; Evgueni (New Rochelle, NY)|
|Assignee:||Emisphere Technologies, Inc. (Hawthorne, NY)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 16, 1993|
|Claims:||1. A composition comprising: |
(A) desferrioxamine, and
(B) a carrier comprising an acylated amino acid.
2. A composition as defined in claim 1, wherein said acylated amino acid comprises salicyloyl-phenylalanine.
3. A pharmaceutical composition comprising:
(B) a carrier comprising an acylated amino acid, and
(C) a pharmaceutically acceptable vehicle.
4. A pharmaceutical composition as defined in claim 3, wherein said acylated amino acid comprises salicyloyl-phenylalanine.
5. A method of lowering iron concentration in a mammal, comprising orally administering to said mammal a composition as defined in claim 1.
6. A method of lowering iron concentration in a mammal, comprising orally administering to said mammal a composition as defined in claim 2.
7. A method of lowering iron concentration in a mammal, comprising orally administering to said mammal a composition as defined in claim 3.
8. A method of lowering iron concentration in a mammal, comprising orally administering to said mammal a composition as defined in claim 4.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.