Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||1-aroyl-3-indolyl alkanoic acids and derivatives thereof useful as anti-inflammatory agents|
|Abstract:||Compounds of the structures shown below are specific inhibitors of cyclooxygenase-2 useful in the treatment of cyclooxygenase-2 mediated disease states such as inflammation, pain and fever, and are non-ulcerogenic. ##STR1##|
|Inventor(s):||Black; Cameron (Pointe Claire, CA), Mancini; Joseph A. (St. Leonard, CA), Lau; Cheuk K. (Ile Bizard, CA), Prasit; Petpiboon (Kirkland, CA), Vickers; Philip J. (Pierrefonds, CA)|
|Assignee:||Merck Frosst Canada, Inc. (Kirkland, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Nov 12, 1993|
|Claims:||1. A compound of structural formula: ##STR8## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein: R.sup.1 is --OCH.sub.3, --N(CH.sub.3).sub.2, --SCH.sub.3, --OCF.sub.3, halo or lower alkyl; R.sup.2 and R3 are independently H or lower alkyl or R.sup.2 and R3 may be joined to form a saturated hydrocarbon ring of 3 to 7 members; |
A is halogen, lower alkoxy, lower alkylthio, lower alkylsulfinyl, lower alkylsulfonyl, CF.sub.3, CN, N.sub.3, NO.sub.2, SCF.sub.3 or OCF.sub.3 ;
B is A; and
C is A.
2. The compound of claim 1 of structural formula: ##STR9## .
3. A compound of claim 2 selected from the group consisting of those depicted in the following table:
4. A compound which is ##STR10## wherein R.sup.1 is --F, --Cl, --CH(CH.sub.3).sub.2, --N(CH.sub.3).sub.2, --SCH.sub.3 or --OCF.sub.3.
5. An anti-inflammatory pharmaceutical formulation comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier and an anti-inflammatory effective amount of compound of claim 1.
6. A method of treating inflammation in a patient in need of such treatment which comprises the administration of an effective amount of the compound of claim 1.
7. An anti-inflammatory pharmaceutical formulation comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier and an anti-inflammatory effective amount of compound of claim 4.
8. A method of treating inflammation in a patient in need of such treatment which comprises the administration of an effective amount of the compound of claim 4.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.