Generated: April 28, 2017
|Title:||Ocular cyclosporine composition|
|Abstract:||Cyclosporine compositions for topical ophthalmic use for treatment of immune disorders, to enhance or restore tear production, and to enhance or effect normal healing of the surface of the eye, containing cyclosporine dissolved in corn oil. The composition may further include antioxidants, lubricants, antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals, pilocarpine, vasoconstrictors, surfactants, wetting agents, anti-inflammatory agents (i.e. corticosteroids), preservatives, mucolytic agents (i.e. bromhexine, acetylcysteine), as well as other compounds. The preferred composition is 2% cyclosporine, 1 mole % alpha tocopherol and 0.005% methyl paraben in corn oil.|
|Inventor(s):||Kaswan; Renee (Athens, GA)|
|Assignee:||University of Georgia Research Foundation, Inc. (Atlanta, GA)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 06, 1990|
|Claims:||1. A topical ophthalmic composition comprising a pharmaceutically effective amount of cyclosporin in corn oil. |
2. The composition of claim 1 wherein the concentration of cyclosporine is between about 0.01% and saturation.
3. The composition of claim 1 further comprising a compound selected from the group consisting of vitamin A, vitamin E, retinoic acid, pilocarpine, hyaluronic acid, polyvinyl alcohol, methylcellulose, methyl paraben, eledoisin, physalaemin, bromhexine, mucosolvan, acetylcysteine, indomethacin, and corticosteroids.
4. The composition of claim 1 comprising 2% cyclosporine in corn oil.
5. The composition of claim 4 further comprising a compound selected from the group consisting of alpha tocopherol and methyl paraben.
6. The composition of claim 1 wherein said composition is encapsulated.
7. The composition of claim 6 wherein said composition is encapsulated within a polymeric matrix.
8. The composition of claim 7 wherein said composition is encapsulated within a polymeric matrix formed of a polymer selected from the group consisting of polyethylene, polystyrene, polypropylene, polyanhydrides, polyorthoester, polylactic acid, and polyglycolic acid.
9. The composition of claim 6 wherein said composition is encapsulated within liposomes.
10. The composition of claim 6 wherein said composition is microencapsulated.
11. The composition of claim 1 wherein said cyclosporine is in a concentration which stimulates or restores lacrimal gland activity.
12. The composition of claim 1 wherein said cyclosporine is in a concentration which suppresses an immune disorder of the eye.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.