Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method of treating and preventing loss of bone mass using 1.alpha.-hydroxy-vitamin D.sub.2|
|Abstract:||A method for reversing loss of bone mass or bone mineral content in a human being suffering from osteoporosis is disclosed which comprises administering to the human being a daily dosage of at least 2.0 micrograms/day of 1-alpha-hydroxy-Vitamin D.sub.2.|
|Inventor(s):||DeLuca; Hector F. (Deerfield, WI), Bishop; Charles W. (Verona, WI), Mazess; Richard B. (Madison, WI), Gallagher; John C. (Omaha, NE)|
|Assignee:||Bone Care International, Inc. (Madison, WI)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 10, 1993|
|Claims:||1. A method for preventing loss of bone mass or bone mineral content in post menopausal women, comprising: administering to said human an amount of 1.alpha. hydroxy vitamin D.sub.2 sufficient to prevent loss of bone mass or bone mineral content without causing hypercalcemia or hypercalciura. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said compound is administered parenterally.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein said compound is administered parentally by subcutaneous, intramuscular, or intravenous injection, nasopharyngeal or mucosal absorption, or transdermal absorption.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said compound is administered orally.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein said compound is administered at a dosage of about 2.0 mg daily.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein said compound is administered at a dosage of about 2.5 mg daily.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein said compound is administered at a dosage of about 3.0 mg daily.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein said compound is administered at a dosage of about 4.0 mg daily.
9. A method for preventing loss of bone mass or bone mineral content in a post menopausal woman, said method comprising the steps of:
a. maintaining a calcium intake in said woman of between 250 to 2500 mg/day;
b. administering daily to said woman an amount of 1.alpha.hydroxyergocalciterol sufficient to prevent loss of bone mass or bone mineral content without causing hypercalciuria or hypercalcernia.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.