Generated: April 25, 2017
|Abstract:||Triazole and imidazole compounds having the general formula (I): ##STR1## wherein R.sup.1 and R.sup.2, which may be the same or different, are hydrogen, alkyl, optionally unsubstituted cycloalkyl, cycloalkylmethyl, alkenyl, heterocyclyl, aryl or aralkyl optionally substituted with halogen, nitro, alkyl, haloalkyl, haloalkoxy, alkoxy, phenyl, phenoxy, benzyl, benzyloxy, halophenyl or haloalkoxy, R.sup.3 is hydrogen, alkyl, alkenyl, alkynyl, aralkyl or acyl; R.sup.4 and R.sup.5, which may be the same or different, are hydrogen, alkyl, alkenyl or optionally substituted aryl; R.sup.6 and R.sup.7, which may be the same or different, are hydrogen, alkyl, alkenyl or optionally substituted aryl; X is oxygen or sulphur or is SO or SO.sub.2 ; and Az is a 1,2,4- or 1,3,4-triazole or imidazole ring; and isomers, acid addition salts and metal complexes thereof. These compounds possess fungicidal activity against fungal infection in plants.|
|Inventor(s):||Worthington; Paul A. (Maidenhead, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Zeneca Limited (London, GB2)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 22, 1985|
|Claims:||1. An epoxide of the formula: ##STR19## wherein R.sup.1 is alkyl, cycloalkyl, phenyl or benzyl, the groups of R.sup.1 being optionally substituted with halogen, alkyl, alkoxy, phenyl, halophenyl; R.sup.4 and R.sup.5, which may be the same or different, are hydrogen, C.sub.1-6 alkyl or allyl; R.sup.6 and R.sup.7, are hydrogen; and Az is a 1,2,4-triazole ring joined to the adjacent C atom through the 1-nitrogen of the triazole ring. |
2. An epoxide according to claim 1 wherein R.sup.1 is C.sub.1-6 alkyl, phenyl optionally substituted with alkyl, alkoxy, phenyl, halogen or halophenyl; R.sup.6 and R.sup.7 are hydrogen and R.sup.4 and R.sup.5 are hydrogen or C.sub.1-6 alkyl.
3. A compound of the formula: ##STR20## wherein R.sup.1 is alkyl, phenyl or benzyl, the groups of R.sup.1 being optionally substituted with halogen, C.sub.1-4 alkyl, C.sub.1-4 alkoxy, phenyl or halophenyl; and R.sup.4 is alkyl.
4. A compound of the formula: ##STR21## wherein R.sup.1 is phenyl or benzyl, the groups of R.sup.1 being optionally substituted with halogen, C.sub.1-4 alkyl, C.sub.1-4 alkoxy, phenyl or halophenyl, or R.sup.1 is alkyl optionally substituted with phenyl or halophenyl; and R.sup.4 is alkyl.
5. A compound as set forth in claim 3 wherein R.sup.1 is 4-fluorobenzyl and R.sup.4 is C.sub.1-6 alkyl.
6. A compound of claim 4 wherein R.sup.1 is p-biphenylyl, phenyl, halophenyl, 2-chlorophenyl, 2-fluorophenyl, 2-bromophenyl, 3-chlorophenyl, 3-bromophenyl, 3-fluorophenyl, 4-fluorophenyl, 4-chlorophenyl, 4-bromophenyl, 2,4-dichlorophenyl, 2,6-dichlorophenyl, 2-chloro-6-fluorophenyl, 2-methoxyphenyl, 3-methoxyphenyl, 4-methoxyphenyl, 2,4-dimethoxyphenyl, 4-tert-butylphenyl, 2-chloro-4-fluorophenyl, 3-phenoxyphenyl, 4-phenoxyphenyl, 3-nitrophenyl, 4-nitrophenyl, 3-aminophenyl, 4-aminophenyl, 2-aminophenyl, 2-trifluoromethylphenyl, 3-trifluoromethylphenyl or 4-trifluoromethylphenyl.
7. An azolylmethyloxirane of the formula ##STR22## wherein R.sub.1 is C.sub.2 -C.sub.5 alkyl or phenyl, each of which is unsubstituted or substituted by halogen, C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl, C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkoxy or phenyl; n is 0 or 1; m is 1 and R.sub.2 is C.sub.2 -C.sub.5 alkyl.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.