Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
|Abstract:||Triazole and imidazole compounds having the general formula (I): ##STR1## wherein R.sup.1 and R.sup.2, which may be the same or different, are hydrogen, alkyl, optionally unsubstituted cycloalkyl, cycloalkylmethyl, alkenyl, heterocyclyl, aryl or aralkyl optionally substituted with halogen, nitro, alkyl, haloalkyl, haloalkoxy, alkoxy, phenyl, phenoxy, benzyl, benzyloxy, halophenyl or haloalkoxy, R.sup.3 is hydrogen, alkyl, alkenyl, alkynyl, aralkyl or acyl; R.sup.4 and R.sup.5, which may be the same or different, are hydrogen, alkyl, alkenyl or optionally substituted aryl; R.sup.6 and R.sup.7, which may be the same or different, are hydrogen, alkyl, alkenyl or optionally substituted aryl; X is oxygen or sulphur or is SO or SO.sub.2 ; and Az is a 1,2,4- or 1,3,4-triazole or imidazole ring; and isomers, acid addition salts and metal complexes thereof. These compounds possess fungicidal activity against fungal infection in plants.|
|Inventor(s):||Worthington; Paul A. (Maidenhead, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Zeneca Limited (London, GB2)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 22, 1985|
|Claims:||1. An epoxide of the formula: ##STR19## wherein R.sup.1 is alkyl, cycloalkyl, phenyl or benzyl, the groups of R.sup.1 being optionally substituted with halogen, alkyl, alkoxy, phenyl, halophenyl; R.sup.4 and R.sup.5, which may be the same or different, are hydrogen, C.sub.1-6 alkyl or allyl; R.sup.6 and R.sup.7, are hydrogen; and Az is a 1,2,4-triazole ring joined to the adjacent C atom through the 1-nitrogen of the triazole ring. |
2. An epoxide according to claim 1 wherein R.sup.1 is C.sub.1-6 alkyl, phenyl optionally substituted with alkyl, alkoxy, phenyl, halogen or halophenyl; R.sup.6 and R.sup.7 are hydrogen and R.sup.4 and R.sup.5 are hydrogen or C.sub.1-6 alkyl.
3. A compound of the formula: ##STR20## wherein R.sup.1 is alkyl, phenyl or benzyl, the groups of R.sup.1 being optionally substituted with halogen, C.sub.1-4 alkyl, C.sub.1-4 alkoxy, phenyl or halophenyl; and R.sup.4 is alkyl.
4. A compound of the formula: ##STR21## wherein R.sup.1 is phenyl or benzyl, the groups of R.sup.1 being optionally substituted with halogen, C.sub.1-4 alkyl, C.sub.1-4 alkoxy, phenyl or halophenyl, or R.sup.1 is alkyl optionally substituted with phenyl or halophenyl; and R.sup.4 is alkyl.
5. A compound as set forth in claim 3 wherein R.sup.1 is 4-fluorobenzyl and R.sup.4 is C.sub.1-6 alkyl.
6. A compound of claim 4 wherein R.sup.1 is p-biphenylyl, phenyl, halophenyl, 2-chlorophenyl, 2-fluorophenyl, 2-bromophenyl, 3-chlorophenyl, 3-bromophenyl, 3-fluorophenyl, 4-fluorophenyl, 4-chlorophenyl, 4-bromophenyl, 2,4-dichlorophenyl, 2,6-dichlorophenyl, 2-chloro-6-fluorophenyl, 2-methoxyphenyl, 3-methoxyphenyl, 4-methoxyphenyl, 2,4-dimethoxyphenyl, 4-tert-butylphenyl, 2-chloro-4-fluorophenyl, 3-phenoxyphenyl, 4-phenoxyphenyl, 3-nitrophenyl, 4-nitrophenyl, 3-aminophenyl, 4-aminophenyl, 2-aminophenyl, 2-trifluoromethylphenyl, 3-trifluoromethylphenyl or 4-trifluoromethylphenyl.
7. An azolylmethyloxirane of the formula ##STR22## wherein R.sub.1 is C.sub.2 -C.sub.5 alkyl or phenyl, each of which is unsubstituted or substituted by halogen, C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl, C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkoxy or phenyl; n is 0 or 1; m is 1 and R.sub.2 is C.sub.2 -C.sub.5 alkyl.