Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Contrast media comprising a non-ionic contrast agent with low levels of sodium & calcium ions|
|Abstract:||The physiological acceptability of contrast media, especially media for use in angiography, may be enhanced by inclusion of sub-plasma levels of sodium and calcium and, optionally, potassium and/or magnesium, for example 30 mM Na, 0.15 mM Ca, 0.9 mM K and 0.1 mM Mg.|
|Inventor(s):||Almen; Torsten (Malmo, SE), Baath; Lars (Malmo, SE), Jynge; Per (Trondheim, NO), Oksendal; Audun N. (Oslo, NO)|
|Assignee:||Nycomed Imaging AS (Oslo, NO)|
|Filing Date:||Nov 06, 1992|
|Claims:||1. A contrast medium composition comprising a physiologically tolerable aqueous carrier medium with dissolved therein: a non-ionic contrast agent; a physiologically tolerable sodium compound providing a sodium ion concentration of 15 to 75 mM Na; a physiologically tolerable calcium salt providing a calcium ion concentration of 0.05 to 0.8 mM Ca; and optionally also at least one salt selected from physiologically tolerable potassium and magnesium salts, the total concentration of said 2 mM K; wherein the ratio of sodium to calcium ions is greater than 55. |
2. A composition as claimed in claim 1 containing calcium at a concentration of 0.05 to 0.7 mM Ca.sup.2+.
3. A composition as claimed in claim 1 containing calcium at a concentration of 0.1 to 0.6 mM Ca.sup.2+.
4. A composition as claimed in claim 1 and containing potassium at a concentration of 0.2 to 1.5 mM K.sup.+.
5. A composition as claimed in claim 1 and containing potassium at a concentration of 0.3 to 1.2 mM K.sup.+.
6. A composition as claimed in claim 1 containing magnesium at a concentration of up to 0.8 mM Mg.sup.2+.
7. A composition as claimed in claim 1 containing magnesium at a concentration of 0.05 to 0.4 mM Mg.sup.2+.
8. A composition as claimed in claim 1 containing an iodinated X-ray contrast agent.
9. A composition as claimed in claim 8 containing a contrast agent selected from iohexol, ioversol, iopamidol, iotrolan, ioxaglate and iodixanol.
10. A composition as claimed in claim 8 wherein sodium, calcium, potassium and magnesium are present at concentrations of 25-35 mM Na.sup.+, 0.1 to 0.3 mM Ca.sup.2+, 0.3 to 1.2 mM K.sup.+ and 0.05 to 0.2 mM Mg.sup.2+ and wherein, where said contrast agent is of ratio 6 or greater, said medium contains a further physiologically tolerable osmoactive agent.
11. A composition as claimed in claim 8 wherein sodium, calcium, potassium and magnesium are present at concentrations of 65-75 mM Na.sup.+, 0.3-0.6 mM Ca.sup.2+, 0.5-2.0 mM K.sup.+ and 0.1-0.4 mM Mg.sup.2+ and wherein said contrast agent is of ratio 6 or greater.
12. A composition as claimed in claim 1 having an osmolality of 290-320 mosm/kg H.sub.2 O.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.