Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Antibacterial antiplaque oral composition|
|Abstract:||An oral composition dentifrice containing an orally acceptable vehicle, about 30-75% by weight of a dentally acceptable water-insoluble polishing agent, a substantially water-insoluble noncationic antibacterial antiplaque agent, such as 2,4,4'-trichloro-2.sup.1 -hydroxy-diphenyl ether (triclosan) an antibacterial enhancing agent which enhances the delivery of said antibacterial agent to, and retention thereof on, oral surfaces, and a surface active agent and/or a flavoring oil.|
|Inventor(s):||Gaffar; Abdul (Princeton, NJ), Nabi; Nuran (No. Brunswick, NJ), Afflitto; John (Brookside, NJ), Stringer; Orum (Yardley, PA), Prencipe; Michael (East Windsor, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Colgate-Palmolive Co. (New York, NY)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 02, 1992|
|Claims:||1. An oral composition for attaching, adhering or bonding a plaque-inhibiting agent to oral tooth and gum surfaces comprising in an orally acceptable aqueous humectant vehicle, about 30-70% by weight of a dentally acceptable water-insoluble polishing agent, an effective antiplaque amount in the range of about 0.01-5% by weight of a substantially water insoluble noncationic antibacterial agent, at least one of a surface active agent or a flavoring oil and an effective amount in the range of about 0.05-4% by weight of water-soluble or swellable antibacterial-enhancing agent having an average molecular weight of about 100 to about 1,000,000 which contains at least one acid phosphonic delivery-enhancing functional group and at least one organic retention-enhancing group, which delivery-enhancing group enhances attachment, adherence or bonding of antibacterial agent to oral tooth and gum surfaces, wherein said antibacterial-enhancing agent is poly(beta-styrene-phosphonic acid), poly(alpha-styrenephosphonic acid) polymer, or a polymer of either styrenephosphonic acid monomer with the other or with another ethylenically unsaturated polymerizable monomer and said vehicle is other than polyethylene glycol which reduces the antibacterial activity of said antibacterial agent. |
2. The oral composition claimed in claim 1, wherein said antibacterial agent is selected from the group consisting of halogenated diphenyl ethers, halogenated salicylanilides, benzoic esters, halogenated carbanilides and phenolic compounds.
3. The oral composition claimed in claim 2, wherein said antibacterial agent is a halogenated diphenyl ether.
4. The oral composition claimed in claim 3, wherein said halogenated diphenyl ether is 2,4,4'-trichloro-2'-hydroxydiphenyl ether.
5. The oral composition claimed in claim 1, wherein said antibacterial agent is present in amount of about 0.25-5% by weight.
6. The oral composition claimed in any of claims 1-4 and 5, wherein said polishing agent is selected from the group consisting of sodium metaphosphate, tricalcium phosphate, dihydrated dicalcium phosphate, anhydrous dicalcium phosphate, calcium pyrophosphate, magnesium orthophosphate, trimagnesium phosphate, calcium carbonate, aluminum silicate, hydrated alumina, silica, bentonite, and mixtures thereof.
7. The oral composition dentifrice claimed in claim 6, wherein said polishing agent is dicalcium phosphate dihydrate.
8. The oral composition dentifrice claimed in claim 6, wherein said polishing agent is hydrated alumina.
9. The oral composition claimed in any of claims 1-4 and 5, wherein said surface active agent is present in amount of about 0.5-5% by weight.
10. The oral composition dentifrice claimed in claim 9, wherein said surface active agent is present in amount of about 1-2.5% by weight.
11. A composition according to any of claims 1-4 and 5 containing an effective anticaries amount of a fluoride ion-providing source.
12. An oral dentifrice composition comprising in an orally acceptable aqueous humectant vehicle, about 30-75% by weight of dentally acceptable water insoluble polishing agent, about 0.01-5% of a substantially water insoluble noncationic antibacterial agent, and about 0.05-4% of poly(beta-styrene-phosphonic acid), copoly(beta-styrene-phosphonic acid/vinyl phosphonic acid), or poly(alpha-styrene-phosphonic acid), said composition containing one or both surface active agent and a flavoring oil and said vehicle is other than polyethylene glycol which reduces the antibacterial activity of said polyethylene glycol.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.