Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Alkali metal 8,9-dehydroestrone sulfate esters|
|Abstract:||This invention presents alkali metal salts of 8,9-dehydroestrone, its sulfate ester, and stable compositions thereof, as well as processes for their production. The sulfate ester salts are useful in estrogen replacement therapy.|
|Inventor(s):||Raveendranath; Panolil C. (Plattsburgh, NY), Wichtowski; John A. (St. Albans, VT)|
|Assignee:||American Home Products Corporation (Madison, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 03, 1992|
|Claims:||1. An alkali metal salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone. |
2. A salt of claim 1 which is the sodium salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone.
3. A salt of claim 1 which is the potassium salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone
4. A salt of claim 1 which is the lithium salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone.
5. A process for the production of a stable composition containing an alkali metal salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone-3-sulfate which comprises reacting trimethylamine-sulfurtrioxide with an alkali metal salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone in a polar, aprotic solvent in the presence of a stabilizing amount of tris(hydroxymethyl)aminomethane.
6. A process for the production of a stable composition containing an alkali metal salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone-3-sulfate which comprises reacting trimethylamine-sulfurtrioxide with an alkali metal salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone in a polar, aprotic solvent, adding a stabilizing amount of tris(hydroxymethyl)aminomethane to the reaction mixture, and recovering said stable mixture of alkali metal salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone and tris(hydroxymethyl)aminomethane.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.