Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||There is provided novel 2-substituted-4-substituted-1,3-dioxolanes which are particularly useful as antiviral agents.|
|Inventor(s):||Belleau; Bernard (Westmont, CA), Dixit; Dilip (Montreal, CA), Nguyen-Ba; Nghe (Brossard, CA)|
|Assignee:||BioChem Pharma Inc. (Laval, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 07, 1991|
|Claims:||1. A 1,3-dioxolane derivative of the general formula (L), the geometric and optical isomers thereof and mixtures of those isomers: ##STR11## wherein: R.sub.1 is selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, an aliphatic acyl group having 2 to 16 carbon atoms, benzoyl and a benzoyl substituted in any position by a halogen, a lower alkyl, lower alkoxy, a nitro or a trifluoromethyl group; |
R.sub.2 is a heterocyclic radical selected from: ##STR12## wherein R.sub.3 is selected from the group consisting of hydrogen and lower alkyl radicals having from 1 to 3 carbon atoms;
R.sub.4 is selected from the group consisting of hydrogen and lower alkyl or alkenyl radicals having from 1 to 3 carbon atoms; and
R.sub.5 is selected from the group consisting of lower alkyl or alkenyl radicals having from 1 to 3 carbon atoms, fluoro and iodo.
2. The compound of claim 1 which is the 2-benzoyloxymethyl-4-(adenin-9'-yl)-1,3-dioxolane.
3. The compound of claim 1 which is the 2-hydroxymethyl-4-(adenin-9'-yl)-1,3-dioxolane.
4. The compound of claim 1 which is the 2-benzoyloxymethyl-4-(2'-amino-6'-chloro-(purin-9'-yl)-1,3-dioxolane.
5. The compound of claim 1 which is the 2-hydroxymethyl-4-(2'-amino-6'-chloro-(purin-9'-yl)-1,3-dioxolane.
6. The compound of claim 1 which is the 2-hydroxymethyl-4-(2'-amino-purin-9'-yl)-1,3-dioxolane.
7. The compound of claim 1 which is the 2-hydroxymethyl-4-(2',6'-diamino-purin-9'-yl)-1,3-dioxolane.
8. The compound of claim 1 which is the 2-hydroxymethyl-4-(guanin-9'-yl)-1,3-dioxolane.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.