Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Antibacterial antiplaque mouthwash composition|
|Abstract:||An oral composition mouthwash or liquid dentifrice containing an aqueous vehicle acceptable vehicle including an alcohol, a substantially water-insoluble noncationic antibacterial antiplaque agent, such as 2,4,4'-trichloro-21'-hydroxy-diphenyl ether (triclosan) wherein the antiplague agent is entirely dissolved in the solvent and the weight ratio of water to alcohol is in excess of about 10:1.|
|Inventor(s):||Duckenfield; Joan (North Brunswick, NJ), VanMeter; Lori (Bridgewater, NJ), Campbell; Shannon (Monmouth Junction, NJ), Nabi; Nuran (N. Brunswick, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Colgate-Palmolive Company (Piscataway, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 16, 1992|
|Claims:||1. A mouthwash composition having a vehicle comprising water and an aqueous nontoxic alkyl mono-or di-hydric alcohol and dissolved therein an effective antiplaque amount up of about 0.01 to about 0.09% of a substantially water insoluble noncationic antibacterial agent, said alcohol being a solvent for said antibacterial agent, wherein the weight amount ratio of water to alcohol is at least 10:1 and the amount of solvent is sufficient to completely dissolve the amount of said antibacterial agent in said mouthwash composition. |
2. The mouthwash claimed in claim 1 wherein said antiplaque amount is about 0.03-0.06% by weight.
3. The mouthwash claimed in claim 2 wherein said weight ratio of water to alcohol is from about 10:1 to about 20:1.
4. The mouthwash claimed in claim 3 wherein said weight ratio is from about 12:1 to about 16:1.
5. The mouthwash claimed in claim 1 wherein said alcohol is ethanol.
6. The mouthwash claimed in any one of claims 1 or 2 to 5 wherein said antibacterial agent is triclosan.
7. The mouthwash claimed in any one of claims 1 or 2 to 5 wherein said antibacterial agent is nerolidol.
8. The mouthwash claimed in any one of claims 1 or 2 to 5 wherein an antibacterial enhancing agent containing a delivery group and an organic retention enhancing group is present in amount of about 0.05-7% by weight.
9. The mouthwash claimed in claim 8 where said antibacterial enhancing group is a polycarboxylate.
10. The mouthwash claimed in claim 3 wherein said antibacterial agent is triclosan present in amount of about 0.03% by weight.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.