Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Propenylamines, processes for their production, pharmaceutical compositions containing them and their use as pharmaceuticals|
|Abstract:||Compounds of formula I ##STR1## wherein R.sub.1 represents a group of formula ##STR2##|
|Inventor(s):||Stuetz; Anton (Maria Enzersdorf, AT)|
|Assignee:||Sandoz Ltd. (Basel, CH)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 21, 1989|
|Claims:||1. A compound in trans configuration of the formula: ##STR85## wherein R.sub.1 is a radical of formula IIa, ##STR86## R.sub.2, R.sub.3, R.sub.5, and R.sub.8 are each hydrogen, R.sub.4 is methyl, and |
R.sub.6 is a radical of formula IIIa
where R.sub.11 is alkyl of 2 to 6 carbon atoms or a chemotherapeutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof.
2. A compound as claimed in claim 1 the form of its hydrochloride.
3. A chemotherapeutical composition comprising an effective amount of a compound as claimed in claim 1 or a chemotherapeutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof in admixture with a chemotherapeutically acceptable diluent or carrier.
4. A method of treating diseases or infections caused by mycetes which comprises administering to a subject in need of treatment an effective amount of a compound as claimed in claim 1 or a chemotherapeutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof.
5. A compound according to claim 1 selected from the group in which R.sub.1 is 1-naphthyl, R.sub.2 is H, R.sub.3 is H, R.sub.4 is CH.sub.3 and R.sub.5, R.sub.6 and the configuration are ##STR87## i) H, --C.tbd.C--(CH.sub.2).sub.2 --CH.sub.3, and trans; j) H, --C.tbd.C--(CH.sub.2).sub.4 --CH.sub.3, and trans;
k) H, --C.tbd.C--(CH.sub.2).sub.5 --CH.sub.3, and trans;
or a chemotherapeutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof.
6. The compound according to claim 1 in which R.sub.1 is 1-naphthyl, R.sub.2 is H, R.sub.3 is CH.sub.3, R.sub.5 is H, R.sub.6 is ##STR88## and the configuration is trans, or a chemotherapeutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof.
7. A compound according to claim 1 in which R.sub.11 is alkyl of 3 to 5 carbon atoms.
8. A compound according to claim 1 in which R.sub.11 is alkyl of 5 or 6 carbon atoms.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.