Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Urinary follicle stimulating hormone|
|Abstract:||Purification of human FSH from post-menopausal urine gonadotropin using immunoaffinity chromatography with elution at high pH and reverse-phase HPLC steps yields a biologically active hormone which is free from detectable traces of luteinizing hormone and other urinary proteins.|
|Inventor(s):||Arpaia; Guiseppe (Rome, IT), Serani; Serenella (Rome, IT), Sirna; Antonino (Rome, IT), Villa; Stefano (Rome, IT)|
|Assignee:||Istituto DiRicerca Cesare Serono SpA (Rome, IT)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 07, 1989|
|Claims:||1. A process of preparing a biologically active urinary follicle stimulating hormone substantially free from detectable traces of luteinizing hormone and other urinary proteins which comprises subjecting a post-menopausal urinary concentrate to immunopurification using an FSH-specific immobilized monoclonal antibody, eluting said hormone using as eluent an aqueous solution having a pH higher than about 10 and anionic molarity higher than about 0.5M, removing any residual traces of contaminants by reverse phase high pressure liquid chromatography, and recovering said hormone. |
2. A process according to claim 1 wherein said eluent has a pH higher than 11.
3. A process according to claim 2 wherein said eluent has an ionic molarity higher than 0.8M.
4. A process according to claim 3 wherein said eluent has a pH within the range of 11.3 to 11.7.
5. A process according to claim 4 wherein said eluent is 1M ammonia.
6. A process according to claims 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 wherein said FSH-specific immobilized monoclonal antibody has the following specifications:
a) protein purity: not less than 90%
b) class of immunoglobulin: IgG 1
d) binding capacity to FSH in solution: about 1,000 I.U. FSH per mg monoclonal antibody.
7. A process according to claim 6 wherein said monoclonal antibody has an affinity constant of about 3.5.times.10.sup.8 L. mole.sup.-1.
8. A process according to claim 6 wherein said hormone is recovered by use of a gradient of isopropanol up to 50% of the mobile phase in the reverse phase high pressure liquid chromatography.
9. A process according to claim 6 wherein said post-menopausal urinary concentrate is human menopausal gonadotropin.
10. A process according to claim 6 wherein said recovered hormone has a specific activity not lower than 6200 I.U. of FSH per milligram of lyophilized powder.
11. A process according to claim 6 wherein said recovered hormone is in glycosylated form.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.