Generated: April 26, 2017
|Title:||Kit for the selective labeling of red blood cells in whole blood with .sup.9 TC|
|Abstract:||Disclosed herein are a method and kit for the preparation of .sup.99m Tc labeled red blood cells using whole blood in a closed sterile system containing stannous tin in a form such that it will enter the red blood cells and be available therein for reduction of technetium.|
|Inventor(s):||Srivastava; Suresh C. (Setauket, NY), Babich; John W. (Redhill Surrey, GB2), Straub; Rita (Brookhaven, NY), Richards; Powell (New Bern, NC)|
|Assignee:||Associated Universities, Inc. (Washington, DC)|
|Filing Date:||Apr 18, 1988|
|Claims:||1. A kit for use in labeling with technetium-99m the red blood cells contained in a whole blood sample drawn from a patient which kit comprises: A) a container having therein under sterile conditions lyophilized stannous ions complexed with a tin complexing agent selected from the group consisting of alkali metal citrates, alkali metal glucoheptonates, alkaline earth metal citrates, alkaline earth metal glucoheptonates, alkali metal tartrates, alkali metal pyrophosphates, diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid, organic diphosphonates, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, and dimercaptosuccinic acid, wherein the tin content is from 5 to 100 .mu.g, together with a tin complex stabilizer; B) a supply of an oxidizing agent; and C) a separate supply of a chelating agent for both stannic and stannous tin, said chelating agent selected from the group consisting of disodium ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, calcium disodium ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, and acid citrate dextrose. |
2. A kit as in claim 1 wherein the oxidizing agent is an alkali metal hypochlorite.
3. A kit as in claim 1 wherein the complexing agent is selected from the group consisting of sodium citrate or sodium glucoheptonate.
4. A kit as in claim 1 wherein the stannous ion is complexed with a complexing agent selected from the group consisting of sodium citrate and sodium glucoheptonate and the tin complex stabilizer is dextrose.
5. A kit as in claim 1 additionally containing an anti-coagulant.
6. A kit as in claim 1 wherein the tin complex stabilizer is a reducing sugar.
7. A kit as in claim 6 wherein the reducing sugar is dextrose.