Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Process for preparing Tc-99m tris(isonitrile) copper complexes|
|Abstract:||Tris(isonitrile)copper(I) complex salts with anions selected from BF.sub.4, PF.sub.6, ClO.sub.4, I, Br, Cl and CF.sub.3 COO are useful in preparing radionuclide complexes rapidly at room temperature. Preferred isonitrile ligands are ether isonitriles. The tris(isonitrile)copper(I) adducts enable technetium complexes, such as those of Tc99m, to be prepared easily just prior to their use as imaging agents.|
|Inventor(s):||Iqbal; Tahir (Lowell, MA), Cain, Jr.; John H. (Merrimack, NH), Slosky; Jack J. (Shrewsbury, MA)|
|Assignee:||E. I. Du Pont de Nemours and Company (Wilmington, DE)|
|Filing Date:||Aug 23, 1989|
|Claims:||1. A process for preparing a complex of an isonitrile ligand and technetium comprising mixing in a suitable solvent at room temperature pertechnetate and a lyophilized; (I) adduct of the formula: |
X is an anion selected from BF.sub.4, PF.sub.6, ClO.sub.4, I, Br, Cl and CF.sub.3 COO; and
R" is alkyl of 1-20 carbon atoms or has the formula: ##STR2## wherein A is a straight or branched chain alkylene group; and
R and R' each independently is a straight or branched chain alkyl group or taken together are a straight or branched chain alkylene group, provided that:
(1) the total number of carbon atoms in A plus R in formula (1) is 4 to 6, provided further that when the total number of carbon atoms is 6, then the carbon atom alpha to the isonitrile group is a quarternary carbon, and
(2) the total number of carbon atoms in A plus R plus R' in formula (Ia) is 4 to 9.
2. The process of claim 1 wherein the solvent is water.
3. The process of claim 1 wherein the technetium is Tc99m.
4. The process of claim 1 wherein the adduct is tris(1-isocyano-2-methoxy-2-methylpropane)-copper(I)BF.sub.4.
5. The process of claim 1 wherein the adduct is tris(1-isocyano-2-methoxy-2-methylpropane)-copper(I)C10.sub.4.
6. The process of claim 1 wherein the adduct is tris(1-isocyano-2-methoxy-2-methylpropane)-copper(I)I.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.