Generated: May 30, 2017
|Abstract:||This invention relates to triazole and imidazole compounds useful as fungicides, to a process for preparing them, to fungicidal compositions containing them, and to a method of combating fungal infections in plants using them. The triazole and imidazole compounds have the general formula (I): ##STR1## wherein R.sup.1 and R.sup.2, which may be the same or different, are hydrogen, alkyl, optionally substituted cycloalkyl, cycloalkylmethyl, alkenyl, heterocyclyl, aryl or aralkyl optionally substituted with halogen, nitro, alkyl, haloalkyl, alkoxy, phenyl, phenoxy, benzyl, benzyloxy, halophenyl or haloalkoxy; R.sup.3 is hydrogen, alkyl, alkenyl, alkynyl, aralkyl or acyl; R.sup.4 and R.sup.5, which may be the same or different, are hydrogen, alkyl, alkenyl or optionally substituted aryl; R.sup.6 and R.sup.7, which may be the same or different, are hydrogen, alkyl, alkenyl or optionally substituted aryl; X is oxygen or sulphur or is SO or SO.sub.2 and Az is a 1,2,4- or 1,3,4-triazole or imidazole ring; and isomers, acid addition salts and metal complexes thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Sugavanam; Balasubramanyan (Berkshire, GB2), Worthington; Paul A. (Berkshire, GB2), Clough; John M. (Buckinghamshire, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Imperial Chemical Industries PLC (London, GB2)|
|Filing Date:||Jan 18, 1989|
|Claims:||1. Triazole compounds having the general formula (I): ##STR19## wherein R.sup.1 is halophenyl and R.sup.2 is hydrogen, C.sub.1 -C.sub.6 alkyl or phenyl substituted with halogen R.sup.3 is hydrogen; R.sup.4 is hydrogen and R.sup.5 is or C.sub.1 -C.sub.6 alkyl; R.sup.6 and R.sup.7 are hydrogen; X is SO or SO.sub.2 ; and Az is a 1,2,4- or 1,3,4-triazole ring; and isomers, acid addition salts and metal complexes thereof. |
2. A compound according to claim 1 wherein R.sup.4 and R.sup.5 are hydrogen.
3. A compound according to claim 1 wherein R.sup.1 is phenyl substituted with chlorine or fluorine in the 2-, 4-or 2,4-positions; R.sup.2 is hydrogen, C.sub.1 -C.sub.6 alkyl or phenyl substituted with chlorine or fluorine in the 2-, 4- or 2,4-positions; R.sup.3, R.sup.4, R.sup.6 and R.sup.7 are each hydrogen; R.sup.5 is hydrogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.6 alkyl; X is SO.sub.2 or SO and A.sub.3 is a 1,2,4-triazole ring.
4. A fungicidal or plant growth regulating composition comprising, as an active ingredient, an effective amount of a compound, as defined in claim 1 together with a carrier or diluent thereof.
5. A method of combating fungal diseases in a plant, or of regulating the growth of a plant, which method comprises applying to the plant, to seed of the plant, or to the locus of the plant or seed, an effective amount of a compound defined in claim 1.
6. A method of combating fungal diseases in a plant, which method comprises applying to the plant, to seed of the plant, or to the locus of the plant or seed, an effective amount of a compound as claimed in claim 1.
7. A method of treating candidiasis and human dermatophyte infections which comprises utilizing an effective amount of a compound according to claim 3 against said infection.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.