|Title:||Tri-phenyl alkane derivatives and their oestrogenic, anti-oestrogenic and progestanic uses|
|Inventor(s):||Toivola; Reijo J. (Oulu, FI), Karjalainen; Arto J. (Oulu, FI), Kurkela; Kauko O. A. (Oulu, FI), Soderwall; Marja-Liisa (Oulu, FI), Kangas; Lauri V. M. (Turku, FI), Blanco; Guillermo L. (Oulu, FI), Sundquist; Hannu K. (Kaarina, FI)|
|Assignee:||Farmos Group Ltd. (Turku, FI)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 12, 1989|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula: ##STR51## where n is 0 to 4, R.sub.1, and R.sub.2, which can be the same or different, are H or OH, R.sub.3 is --O--(CH.sub.2).sub.m --CH.sub.2 --NR.sub.6 R.sub.7 in which m is 1 to 2, R.sub.6 and R.sub.7, which can be the same or different, are H or an alkyl group of 1 to 4 carbon atoms or --NR.sub.6 R.sub.7 can form a pyrrolidinyl group and R.sub.4 is halogen, or a non-toxic, pharmaceutically acceptable salt or N-oxide thereof. |
2. A compound according to claim 1 in which R.sub.6 is CH.sub.3 or C.sub.2 H.sub.5 ; R.sub.7 is H, CH.sub.3 or C.sub.2 H.sub.5, or NR.sub.6 R.sub.7 together form a pyrrolidinyl group.
3. A compound according to claim 1 which is 4-chloro-1,2-diphenyl-1-[4-[2-(1-pyrrolidinyl)ethoxy]phenyl]-butane, (RR,SS), or a non-toxic pharmaceutically acceptable salt.
4. A compound according to claim 1 which is 4-chloro-1,2-diphenyl-1-[4-[2-(1-pyrrolidinyl)ethoxy]phenyl]-butane, (RS,SR), or a non-toxic pharmaceutically acceptable salt.
5. A pharmaceutical composition comprising an amount effective to product an oestrogenic, anti-oestrogenic or progestanic effect, of a compound according to claim 1 or a non-toxic pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, and a compatible pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefor.
6. A method of producing an oestrogenic, anti-oestrogenic or progestanic effect in a subject in which such an effect is desired which comprises administering to said subject a compound according to claim 1 or a non-toxic pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, in an amount sufficient to produce the desired effect.
7. A method according to claim 6 in which an antioestrogenic effect is produced in a subject suffering from an oestrogen-dependent tumor.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.