DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Title:||Treatment of autoimmune diseases with mycophenolic acid, and derivatives and formulations thereof|
|Abstract:||The compounds and pharmaceutical compositions of Formula A, wherein Z is hydrogen or --C(O)R, Y is hydrogen or morpholinoethyl, and where R is lower alkyl or aryl, and the pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof, are useful as immunosuppressive agents, particularly for treatment of allograft rejection, especially including cardiac allograft rejection, pancreatic allograft rejection and renal allograft rejection, and for treating autoimmune diabetes. ##STR1##|
|Inventor(s):||Allison; Anthony C. (Belmont, CA), Eugui; Elsie M. (Belmont, CA), Nelson; Peter H. (Los Altos, CA), Gu; Chee-Liang L. (Sunnyvale, CA), Lee; William A. (Palo Alto, CA)|
|Assignee:||Syntex (U.S.A.) Inc. (Palo Alto, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 28, 1990|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating autoimmune diseases, which comprises administering to a mammal in need thereof a therapeutically effective amount of a compound represented by the formula: ##STR8## wherein: Y is hydrogen; and |
Z is hydrogen or --C(O)R,
where R is lower alkyl or aryl;
or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. The method of claim 1 comprising a method of treating autoimmune diabetes.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein Z is hydrogen.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein Z is hydrogen.
5. A pharmaceutical formulation comprising a compound represented by the formula: ##STR9## wherein Z is hydrogen or --C(O)R where R is lower alkyl or aryl, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, in an amount sufficient to administer from about 0.4 mg/kg to 30 mg/kg per day of said compound to a mammal in need thereof,
and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier suitable for injection.
6. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 5 wherein Z is hydrogen.