Generated: May 30, 2017
|Abstract:||The present invention provides 3-aryloxy-3-substituted propanamines capable of inhibiting the uptake of serotonin and norepinephrine.|
|Inventor(s):||Robertson; David W. (Greenwood, IN), Wong; David T. (Indianapolis, IN), Krushinski, Jr.; Joseph H. (Indianapolis, IN)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
|Filing Date:||Jan 12, 1990|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula ##STR82## wherein: R.sup.1 is C.sub.5 -C.sub.7 cycloalkyl; ##STR83## each of R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 independently is hydrogen or methyl; each R.sup.4 independently is halo, C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl, C.sub.1 -C.sub.3 alkoxy or trifluoromethyl; |
each R.sup.5 independently is halo, C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl or trifluoromethyl;
m is 0, 1 or 2;
n is 0 or 1; and
the pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salts thereof.
2. A compound of claim 1 wherein Ar is ##STR84##
3. A compound of claim 1 wherein Ar is ##STR85##
4. A method for inhibiting norepinephrine uptake in mammals which comprises adminstering to a mammal requiring increased neurotransmission of norepinephrine a pharmaceutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1.
5. A method of treating depression in humans comprising adminstering to a human suffering from depression an effective antidepressant dose of a compound of claim 1.
6. A method of treating anxiety in human comprising adminstering to a human suffering from anxiety an effective antianxiety dose of a compound of claim 1.
7. A method of treating obesity in humans comprising adminstering to a human suffering from obesity an effective antiobesity dose of a compound of claim 1.
8. A method of suppressing the desire of humans to smoke comprising adminstering to a human in need of such suppression an effective dose to relieve the desire to smoke of a compound of claim 1.
9. A method of suppressing the desire of humans to consume alcohol comprising adminstering to a human in need of such suppression an effective dose to relieve the desire to consume alcohol of a compound of claim 1.
10. A pharmaceutical formulation comprising a compound of claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, diluent or excipient therefor.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.